corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Some men take defeat well, and others...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some men take defeat well, and others...
Cosmo

User status: Offline
13th May 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unhappy Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock aimed a swipe at Sir Alex Ferguson after his side suffered relegation.

The Blades were condemned to the drop after losing 2-1 at home to Wigan, while West Ham escaped the drop courtesy of a 1-0 win at champions Manchester United.

Ferguson left out some of his top stars for the game with West Ham after suggesting in the build-up to the game that he would play his strongest side.

Warnock was left with a bitter taste in his mouth at Ferguson's selection just a week after hitting out at Rafa Benitez for playing a weakened side at Fulham.

"I thought Sir Alex would play a stronger team today and to see him celebrating on the pitch [after being presented with the Premiership trophy] leaves a bitter taste," bemoaned Warnock.

"You can blame everyone really can`t you? What goes around comes around. I`m looking forward to the [FA] Cup final and the Champions League final."

Warnock also hit out at referee Rob Styles as he looked back on key moments that went against his side this season.

The Blades boss is still disgruntled with Styles for denying his side a penalty against Manchester United in April and awarding Liverpool a penalty against his side on the opening day of the season to deny his side victory.

"There were two penalties from Rob Styles this season but he won`t be bothered tonight," added Warnock. "He won`t be hurt. There were some other decisions, the commission [ruling that West Ham would be fined and not docked points over the transfers of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano].

"It`s easier for Sheffield United to be relegated than West Ham... it will be fish and chip paper by Tuesday.

"A lot [of people] will be quite happy at the club being relegated. We couldn`t climb the final hurdle. It`s a horrible time, you feel sick in the stomach.

"You feel very bitter. It seems to be one thing after. It`s very difficult at this moment."

Robbo

13th May 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical Warnock tbh... although to be fair i thought he has been much more reserved this year... which is a good thing!
J da Silva

13th May 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So win your games then, aquire enough points to deserve to be there.
At the end of the day if Man Utd had put their sub-11's side out it shouldn't matter, why rely on other teams to do your dirty work, just beat Wigan instead. Crap!
Marc

13th May 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, like I said in the other thread.
Joe

13th May 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you look at the first game of the season for an excuse?!

I quite like Warnock, he makes me chuckle but he should just accept they were'nt good enough.
Cosmo

13th May 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
how can you look at the first game of the season for an excuse?!

thats what made me laugh! Its as bad as when Mourinho saying they won when they had lost
Bram

13th May 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

"A lot [of people] will be quite happy at the club being relegated. We couldn`t climb the final hurdle. It`s a horrible time, you feel sick in the stomach.

Me included Mr Wanker!!! Neil Warnock = Colin Wanker

The blokes a complete tosser! Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.....(apart from Leeds )

mav

13th May 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
So win your games then, aquire enough points to deserve to be there.
At the end of the day if Man Utd had put their sub-11's side out it shouldn't matter, why rely on other teams to do your dirty work, just beat Wigan instead. Crap!

well said
Hammer

13th May 07 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy's a clown and always has been. You get these managers that try to build their careers on a single premise.

Warnock thinks he tells it like it is, Mourinho believes he is special, guys like Ferguson and Wenger love fooball and build great football teams, you choose what you'd rather be like!
Ben G

14th May 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all this whinging about tevez and mascherano (tevez mainly) really gets on my nipples!!

if they had won/drawn enough games to deserve to stay up then they wouldv'e.. but they didn't. west ham did and because they got help from tevez and the fact we beat manchester united today, means he will cry like a baby to the premier league saying it was wrong.

why challenge the final decision? what's done is done, it's whats done on the pitch that counts.. they could'nt hack it in the premier league and if they would've won more games they would'nt have been facing a relegation battle.

takes the piss IMO.

p.s. west ham are
strick206

14th May 07 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

14th May 07 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
guys like Ferguson and Wenger love fooball and build great football teams,

And Strachen?
Hammer

14th May 07 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah he think's hes a comedian, i'm getting bored of his rubbish
topshot_2k
Banned

14th May 07 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Guy's a clown and always has been. You get these managers that try to build their careers on a single premise.

Warnock thinks he tells it like it is, Mourinho believes he is special, guys like Ferguson and Wenger love fooball and build great football teams, you choose what you'd rather be like!

wenger is just as much of a moaning cunt as mourinho
Hammer

14th May 07 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see anywhere where i denied that tbh
Jamie Walby

14th May 07 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like they were relying a bit too much on West Ham being docked points

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Some men take defeat well, and others... 24 database queries in 0.0134940 seconds