corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » After 16 months with my German plates on i eventually got pulled ( more inside )

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author After 16 months with my German plates on i eventually got pulled ( more inside )
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jun 07 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom H
So if you have pressed steel plates with the standard uk font, the correct spacing and a UK badge on the side then they'd be legal? because they're not trying to pull off fraud for the car being german?

Will just do that then, still get the desired effect more so than plain UK ones.

I think the car is supposed to be of a certain age to have pressed steel plates, after that, the plates must be acrylic.

Not sure what year it was though, but I'm sure the internet will say.
Gavin_G

12th Jun 07 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These style plates may also hinder the use of ANPR - and trust me the police wouldn't be too happy about that...
Dom H

13th Jun 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Dom H
So if you have pressed steel plates with the standard uk font, the correct spacing and a UK badge on the side then they'd be legal? because they're not trying to pull off fraud for the car being german?

Will just do that then, still get the desired effect more so than plain UK ones.

I think the car is supposed to be of a certain age to have pressed steel plates, after that, the plates must be acrylic.

Not sure what year it was though, but I'm sure the internet will say.

Ah.

Police round here seem to be pretty lenient (or lazy/stupid).. I see people driving around with some really dodgy lettering, fonts, misrepresentations or even no plates at all. I have totally plain uk plates at the moment so never had any trouble myself.
abdus

13th Jun 07 at 05:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
quote:
Originally posted by abdus
quote:
Originally posted by neil h
oooh no we can't have that. its a clear statement of natonal pride and that may upset non british nationals...

it's not about that.....

but my question is:

what's the point of german plates? make the car more reliable? more power?

Too look good, whats the point in modifying a car ? ... To make it look good, and if people think it looks good, then they do it.

and to make them illegal?

I still can't believe some people are trying to make it as if it is ok/justify/trying to understand why you can't use it

FFS there's a law for each country and like it or not, you break it, your are punished for it
Corsalad87

13th Jun 07 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Its illegal, you look like a chump anyways you got fined for something you knew was illegal. Hardly worth moaning about tbh

Corsasport is really turning ito a bunch off nobs , I was putting this up for a warning about plates etc. I once never complained or argued if i was in the right or wrong. I just abided by the law after being stopped as rectified the fault within 2 hours.

And for a mod to bring that i look like a chump effects the subject oh dear why did i ever continue to support this website after selling my corsa over a year ago
Jambo

13th Jun 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because im a mod doesnt negate my right to an opinion?? German plates make u look like a chump imo! Nothing personal so dont take it personal.

your post warning people may have been made with good intent but its rather like posting saying i got caught doin 40mph in a 30zone aparently police are "cracking down" on it! Its illegal and you knew it was, u got caught. Police have been "cracking down" on number plates sunstrips window tints and other such illegal things since i 1st read max power in 1994! Hardly a news flash is it.

and p.s if you take anything seriously on here then your not goin to last long or enjoy yourself!
Corsalad87

13th Jun 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive lasted over 3 years
Adam-D

13th Jun 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this post has reminded me to order a new set of plates that are legal
flybikeslee

13th Jun 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

german plates are awesome, as long as the fonts ok i don't see why they cause problems, what harms a "d" on your plate really?

[Edited on 13-06-2007 by flybikeslee]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » After 16 months with my German plates on i eventually got pulled ( more inside ) 23 database queries in 0.0116310 seconds