corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20let + harness's ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let + harness's ?
blend

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering, for all the people on here with c20lets ( + anything bigger + better) do you use harness's or standard seat belts? was looking into getting harness's into mine but was just wondering what most people use??

Thank you
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard seats so seat belts i use

Buckets with harnesses on the wish list
Cupra Steve
Banned

3rd Jul 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you get proper harnesses that are FIA approved normal seat belts are probably better aren't they?
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it would mean getting proper approved ones, just wondering if most people use them or standard belts?
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the standard belt would fit the seat properly (with the side support things being bigger)
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm they seem to fit around fine at the moment but think i will look into harness's
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the shit belts that most folk fit (2" 3 point with seatbelt buckle) dont bother.... they look and are shit.

If you want to stay in your seat get a proper fixed back bucket with high sides, and at least a 4point 3" set of harnesses.

If you are concerned about how people will get in out, and how easy they are to 'use' - you dont want buckets and harnesses..... you want the 'look'
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THey are reclining, but i dont really plan on having anyone in the back (well wont be able to really with harness's), people getting in out dosent bother me at all, if passenger dosnt like it then tough. What are the valid ways to fit harness's?
Kurt

3rd Jul 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to have fixed back buckets and 3 point sabelt harnesses in my 1.4's bit ott but they work as i found out in my first car
Steve X16XE

3rd Jul 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SABELT-3-4-POINT-FIA-APPROVED-RACING-HARNESS_W0QQitemZ290010564044QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72228QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to be putting buckets and 4 point 3" harnesses in my Corsa. But i am going to be using it as a track day car.

If there are any better ones out there then please point me in the right direction.
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blend - How many fixing points?

3pt:
Idealy the rear point to a harness bar, and the 2 side points to secure points. The outser to the OE seatbelt mount point, and the inner to spreader plate

Look up info on google
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
Like these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SABELT-3-4-POINT-FIA-APPROVED-RACING-HARNESS_W0QQitemZ290010564044QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72228QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to be putting buckets and 4 point 3" harnesses in my Corsa. But i am going to be using it as a track day car.

If there are any better ones out there then please point me in the right direction.

If you can, use 6 point

Steve X16XE

3rd Jul 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This bad boy? . . . http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-3-3-6-point-FIA-homologated-Race-Rally-Harness_W0QQitemZ8028120110QQihZ019QQcategoryZ40196QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

And make sure that it's FIA?
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup... FIA reg isnt really importand unles you plan on competing. Most of the decent one's your looking at will all be FIA anyway
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the fixing points available, atm the car is just standard in the seat belt area, ive seen people connecting them to the back seat belt slot in bits before, bars across the back, what other options are there?
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rear upper two - not recommended
the rear lower three (if middle seat belt) - ok if not greather than 45deg angle to seat.
thats it for the rears

Fronts:

Outer - OE mount for seatbelt base
Inner - mount to seat where OE buckle was/is - NOT RECOMMENDED
Inner - fit/weld spreader plate to floor/tunnel

Middle points for 5/6pt - spreader plates in floor
Ben ev

3rd Jul 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to have buckets and harnesses but now think they are a complete waste of money for a road car. uncomfortable and cant lean foward at the juctions.
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not recommended becauase of the proxminity to the actual seats?

So i could have the front drivers connected to the rear lower drivers side and the front passengers connected to the rear lower drivers side? Leaving the middle free?

So its perfectly fine to connect them to the seat belt clipin/buckle (whatever you call them)??
AK

3rd Jul 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read my post.

The fixing points ideally should be straight... so fixing at sides isnt ideal.

Do not fix the inner lower side to the belt/buckle as its normally only mounted to the seat. = a bit fucked if the mount breaks.
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, think i get it, cheers.
Steve X16XE

4th Jul 07 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wanting to put my harness over the rear strut brace but i am wanting to weld in my rear strut brace like this.....

Is it still safe?
Kurt

4th Jul 07 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
Like these?

kinda like them but i had a car seatbelt fitting not the aircraft and they went to the rear pasenger buckle mounting point and then to the subframes for my buckets which after reading this was probably the wrong place

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20let + harness's ? 23 database queries in 0.0158741 seconds