corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » drink driving neighbour crashed into our car (long essay warning!!!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author drink driving neighbour crashed into our car (long essay warning!!!)
R16AN H

User status: Offline
   3rd Jul 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right,woke up sunday morning,girlfriend went downstairs and found a plain envolope on the mat by the door.on opening this she found a note stating that the person who had written the note witnessed a neighbour of ours,appearing drunk the night before,getting into a car and speeding off,only to return a few minutes later.
on return she tried to park in a space big enough for a bus,but somehow couldnt park it(a fiesta ),she then pulled out of the space and proceded to try and find another space,somehow deciding that the space where my girlfriends KA ( i know i know ) was parked, would do.

after dragging myself out of bed i found that the whole side of the ka (see what i done there ) had been dented,scratched and basically wiped out by this fiesta. on closer inspection i found a line of paint running the length of the door which matched the neighbours fiesta,which in itself had a serious amount of damage to the n/s.
luckily the car was still drivable,so,after notifiying the police(will explain later), she went of to swimming.
on return from swimming,girlfriend noticed that a neighbour had been over to the suspected drink driver and told her that her car(the drinkdrivers) had been damaged.you could tell by her reaction that she already knew,but proceeded with the " i cant belive someone has hit my car" story.
anyway,my girlfriend aproached the lady and stated that she had been seen driving into my girlfriends ka,and would she give her some insurance details,the neighbour then stated that she hadnt even been out in the car over the weekend and somebody must have hit BOTH cars. as she was telling the other neighbour and my girlfriend this,her son came out (aged 8 or 9) and began telling my girlfriend that his mum had to take him to the hospital as he had burned himself,saying this obviously dropping his mum in it.
girlfriend stated that police were involved and walked off.after speaking to the police again we were told that we had to prove the ka was all legal before they looked into it,which we did.
returning from work yesterday afternoon i had a knock at the door,it was a neighbour from a few doors up stating that he was going away for the weekend on saturday and witnessed the above accident,aswell as stating that the lady appeared drunk.he has said he will speak out if needed,which looked neccesary now as the lady is addament she wasnt driving.

how do you think we stand?

dont even think the police will bother coming out,but the car has got a good £8-900 damage on it

stupid bitch,bad enogh hitting our car,but drink driving witha kid in the car
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is an insurance dispute. You cant prove she/he was drink driving. so its not a police matter
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The corsa fine ?
R16AN H

3rd Jul 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only reason we informed the poice was due to the fact see said she wasnt driving,but had been seen driving.
R16AN H

3rd Jul 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blend
The corsa fine ?

yes mate,thats parked round the back of the house behind two massive gates and a security post
blend

3rd Jul 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good man

Poor KA
Dean_W

3rd Jul 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't prove she was pissed, the police won't be bothered. Especially as no-one was injured.

It's an insurance dispute. Get some pictures of the damage to your girlfriends car, and the neighbours. Make sure to take pictures of how she hit the car and where it was parked. She'll say to her insurance company that it wasn't her.
MatthewR

3rd Jul 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a nightmare, i think wiv witness' you shoudl eb ok, will drag on and on though, good luck mate just remember cheaters never prosper so she'll get her come upence
R16AN H

3rd Jul 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
What a nightmare, i think wiv witness' you shoudl eb ok, will drag on and on though, good luck mate just remember cheaters never prosper so she'll get her come upence

hope so mate,else the girlfrind will have to drive mine,

NO CHANCE!
mav

3rd Jul 07 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT IS a police matter as she failed to stop or report an accident...

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by mav]
Ricky352

3rd Jul 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Witnesses will help greatly. If she was at the hospital they may have video footage of her driving, which wud prove that she was driving but not that she did the damage. If you can prove she was driving with this she may change her story. With witnesses and hopefully video footage you shud get the bitch
R16AN H

3rd Jul 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
IT IS a police matter as she failed to stop or report an accident...

[Edited on 03-07-2007 by mav]
this is what i thought mav,cheers
nik

3rd Jul 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a police matter. Same thing happened to my CTR, some woman hit it while on the school run, an old dear left her details on my windscreen saying she had seen what happened.

Woman was found guilty of leaving scene of accident, heavily fined and points on her license as well as her insurance paying out.
andy1868

3rd Jul 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get statements from all the witnesses then present them to the police, they may be more likely to pay attention then
Ricky352

3rd Jul 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the police posted on every bit of info. Just say you want to give them the stuff for reference and theyll take it and keep it on file.
richc

3rd Jul 07 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat her up.....
MikeD

3rd Jul 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even when im blind drunk i can still park....

Bloody women

Joke
Gavin_G

3rd Jul 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Section 170(2) of the Road Traffic act 1988 provides that the driver of the motor vehicle must stop and, if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for so requiring, give his name and address, the name and address of the owner of the vehicle and the identification marks of the vehicle. The duty to stop means to stop sufficiently long enough to exchange the particulars above: (Lee -v- Knapp 1966 3 All ER 961).

Section 170(3) places an obligation on the driver, if he does not give his name and address under subsection (2) above, to report the accident to a police constable or police station as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours. The duty to report means "as soon as reasonably practicable": (Bulman -v-Bennett 1974 RTR). It does not mean the driver has 24 hours within which to report the collision.

When the evidence reveals a failure to comply with both subsections (2) and (3), proceedings should be brought for both offences. The failure to stop is usually viewed as the more serious of the two.

A person who fails to comply with subsection (2) or (3) above is guilty of an offence punishable with a maximum sentence of six months' imprisonment.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Jul 07 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get her in a lot of trouble for not reporting an accident.

I got fucked for that once.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dj_russell

3rd Jul 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fukin wrong m8 the police are never interested last month my m8 took me 4 a spin in his brand new clio hed had 4 litterally 2hours, round the vblock jobbie 4 a spin bang a pissed up driver hit him up the arse writing it off and hurtin all our necks, she drove off hit another parked car and she couldnt move cause shed ripped the wheels off,

guess wat she got this month an 18month ban cut down to 14 months because of a fuckin drink alchy driving course and a 200 pound fine wheres the justice in that, id get a longer ban for just bein caught doin 120mph down a motorway sober hows that right?

anyways good luck gettin it fixed i hope this 1 dnt get away with it hope the bitch gets nailed because i certainly am claiming whiplash against the bitch tht hit my m8s car purely because she was speeding,pissed and crashed twice and still tryed to fuk off with no front wheels lmao.

she can get done for not reporting it for a start off and that paint on both cars can be found out with an inspection of damage its obvious the police just cant be arsed, push them ,

also try and get her son involed i know its a bit naughty bein as hes only a kid but youve got witnesses too, shed be even more fucked for takin her son out in a car while pissed, nothin can be proved with the drinkin tho thats the only problem.
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way of proving it was her driving unless a witness comes forward. then leaving the scene is possible. damage to both cars will be an insurance matter though
Cosmo

3rd Jul 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just keep pushing the police if they wont come out at first. Keep ringing and hassling, get them come out before wither cat is repaired and get pictures of both cars with the damage.

After that just inform your insurers and see what they say.

The witness is the key here so you should be OK.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » drink driving neighbour crashed into our car (long essay warning!!!) 24 database queries in 0.0163820 seconds