corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » so how good is the wii?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author so how good is the wii?
Bart

User status: Offline
   3rd Jul 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never bought a console in my life. Im PC through and through. I have a friend who had a wii for about a week and got bored and sold it.

But i am considering buying one myself.

Games like zelda etc i cant imagine playing with the joystick, but the fishing, cooking, tennis etc do look quite fun

honest opinions?
Marc

3rd Jul 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honest opinion:

As soon as I read about it I knew I had to have one, I even paid over the odds for it. My first play on Wii Sports was a hoot, I've never played a game like that before and I knew where the attraction to the console came from. I was aware of the XBox360 and the impending PS3, but as I have an original XBox, a PS2 and PSP I thought I'd have a change. I did get a bit bored of Wii Sports after a while and didn't play it for about a month. There weren't many games available. I then bought Red Steel which is a FPS which although takes some getting in to, got me interested again. I've recently bought Zelda and it looks like theres a lot to do so should keep me occupied, but I got Resident Evil 4 last week and its amazing, the controls are perfect for this game and its like the two were designed side by side. So a few months ago there weren't many decent games out for it, quite a few were family/light fun orientated, but now RE4 has come out and the other games due to come out, 2 Mario games and another Resident Evil game I'd definatley say its worth getting one now.
Cosmo

3rd Jul 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the control actually good?

I see it being used and think it looks like it could be decent, but in practice does it actually do what you do? And like using the real thing (be it a sword or what not)?
Hammer

3rd Jul 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
but the fishing,

There's a fishing game? What do you do get half a dozen cans, a bag of grass and sit in front of your telly with a hat on?
Marc

3rd Jul 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wii Sports is very responsive, apart from the boxing which is rubbish. Red Steel was a bit iffy with lining your charactor up etc but a lot of people have said that and blamed the fact on the game being rushed for the console launch. The controls and responsiveness of Resident Evil is brilliant. Provided your sat in front of the infra red bed and not to the side its very accurate. Having the laptop near you can affect it too.
Matt H

3rd Jul 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zelda is awesome

Wii sports is fun

It's quite cheap

3 good reasons to get one
Kerry

3rd Jul 07 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Is the control actually good?

I see it being used and think it looks like it could be decent, but in practice does it actually do what you do? And like using the real thing (be it a sword or what not)?

yes
yes
and yes

Hope that answers your questions adequately
James@CCC

4th Jul 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just can never see myself standing in front of my tv moving about like a prat to play a video game, id rather sit back with a ps3.

BUT, a lot of my friends have them and they are fun for novelty. probably worth getting just for fun with your friends when you come back from the pub
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 07 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marc can you use it like an ordinary controller too?
Beardo

4th Jul 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can sit back and relax while playin like any other computer is only wii sports and couple of others that require u to stand in front of tv..
Dee
Banned

4th Jul 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boxing is crap, bowling is fcuking ace and so is tennis.

Me and Rach have a 360 and the Wii, best of both worlds.
Matt H

4th Jul 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only really wii sports that you need to stand up for
Marc

4th Jul 07 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
marc can you use it like an ordinary controller too?

Yeah, for Sonic and the racing games you hold it on its side like the NES controller. I'd imagine the new Mario game will be the same. Then theres the Classic Controller which isn't motion sensitive which you need for most VC games. I'm not sure how that controller would work with most games, I doubt it would.

New Poll