corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cheap ebay inlets, mantzel style copies.... user comments/advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cheap ebay inlets, mantzel style copies.... user comments/advice
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
   9th Jul 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna buy one basically... but what do people think of them? Some guys on here have had brilliant results but was reading one lads (eastend?) problems with them...

Just would like to know I can expect 10+BHP gain and a noticable kick up the arse @ top of the revs.

I may be getting the guy who manufacturs them to fit it as he's bound to know best with problems with them despite me having loads of mates as mechanics... just easier to drive in drive out and know (well, hope!) it's done as it should be.

Is there anything I should know which will affect the running of my car, oil consumption, loosing oil etc to do with this...

Do I need stuff like new accelerator cable? New intake pipe? What happens with the oil breather if I don't use my standard airbox and stuff like that... I just wanna understand more about how it affects other components when I add stuff like this to me car as I'm no mechanic

Cheers!!
matt_aka_smiler

9th Jul 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we sort something out dave ill show you mine and you can ask me some questions
Stokie Dave

9th Jul 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true mate you can fill me in on what I need know, sorry I missed you on msn the other night i went out and left it on oops lol
Vaux Lad

9th Jul 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need the air intake pipe off a diesel iirc Dave.
Standard accelerator cable.
Stokie Dave

9th Jul 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah good, yeah the dude who makes them said could poss use std tube but new one from vauxhall for 15 quid...

which diesel one, off the 1.5 TD's?
matt_aka_smiler

9th Jul 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cav 1.7td i think but ive never been able to find one
Vaux Lad

9th Jul 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cav td apparently.
There was a few in McGuinesses scrapyard the last time i went.
Stokie Dave

23rd Jul 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have nip up.

Forgot say, 170 for the manifold from the guy or 310 for it and fitted... dont wanna spend 310! lol

Everything else just plug and play then? All them random sensors and shit which I have no idea whats what? lol

Just read the guide for installing aftermarket inlets and it looks complex to someone like me but I spose to a mechanic it's not THAT much work aslong as it's done well... i just wanna expect good gains and get them, want it to be noticable or i'd be dissapointed lol

[Edited on 23-07-2007 by Stokie Dave]
Superlite Ltd.

23rd Jul 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_aka_smiler
cav 1.7td i think but ive never been able to find one

vauxhall
eastend

23rd Jul 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe mine is sorted now and is pulling well in high revs, i cant say why it has improved, it may be down to the new hose i have put on as my old one was split but it is definately pulling in the high recs

New Poll