corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSi or Sport *UPDATE*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSi or Sport *UPDATE*
coke-gsi16v

User status: Offline
15th Jul 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the link you put up was the link i was just gonna. look at the bhp 148 with no probs an then restricted to 107
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
if i was looking at buying a sport or a gsi, id get the sport for the extras it has, then if i was desperate for the look id get the gsi kit....

are you saying this as you have a sport? and extras? you? no, you have no extras theyve all been removed

a sport is a poor mans gsi, thats all there is to it. everyone who has a sport wishes deep down they had a gsi.
davey_jack

15th Jul 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but that was a bench figure, thats without even considering fuel consumption or reliability. 148bhp is no good if the engine lasts 10,000 miles, and does 15mpg, vauxhall wouldn't have made any money!
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine would last the same miles if it was 148 as it does when its 109. they wouldnt have made the car and shipped it out had they not been happy with the engine.

thats just common sense really.
craig_s

15th Jul 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like gsi's myself.i looked at buying one.but the sport in my opinion is better because the interior is nicer and they are not as old.its all down to personal preference really.i would have either cant.so i cant really say one is better that the other i just prefer the sports.

[Edited on 15-07-2007 by sri power]
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
i like gsi's myself.i looked at buying one.but the sport in my opinion is better because the interior is nicer and they are not as old.its all down to personal preference really.i would have either cant really say one is better than the other i just prefer the sport.

do you prefer the look of the gsi or the sport?
craig_s

15th Jul 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think any looks better than the other really.but i prefer the look of the gsi because it dosent look like every other standard corsa and its rarer.

[Edited on 15-07-2007 by sri power]
broster
Premium Member

15th Jul 07 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
if i was looking at buying a sport or a gsi, id get the sport for the extras it has, then if i was desperate for the look id get the gsi kit....

are you saying this as you have a sport? and extras? you? no, you have no extras theyve all been removed

a sport is a poor mans gsi, thats all there is to it. everyone who has a sport wishes deep down they had a gsi.

i dont really feel the need for extras in the corsa, its not an everyday car, the clio however has climate control and central locking and electric windows...... none of which the corsa has!

also i feel th esport interior is nicer than the gsi

shut up
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 07 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
shut up

i can tell your offended as ive realised you are trying to justify not buying a gsi. everyone prefers the gsi's, its just the way it is

gsi is a better car, without one, your a nobody
lil_g

15th Jul 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem when I was buying a new car. Only thing is I wanted a Black GSi so it was either a kit or hefty insurance and a respray

edit: Although I wish I could say I own a GSi (and thats being honest)

[Edited on 15-07-2007 by lil_g04]
Lee Wilson

15th Jul 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are GSI's better? I have to admit there's something about them that looks special compared to a sport but why is a GSI replica not as good as a real GSI?
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Wilson
Why are GSI's better? I have to admit there's something about them that looks special compared to a sport but why is a GSI replica not as good as a real GSI?

becuase its like an impreza sport with a bonnet vent. bought the wrong car, or the one you didnt really want so having to compromise and make it look like what you should have bought to begin with
lil_g

15th Jul 07 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi is like vauxhalls GTR on a skyline. It means its something special.
Its like having top of the range clothes etc.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSi or Sport *UPDATE* 23 database queries in 0.0131521 seconds