corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » who plays saturday football?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who plays saturday football?
gianluigi

User status: Offline
8th Aug 07 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As of yesterday, I do

went training last night with a saturday team, my goodness their good. theur players are built well, fit, quick, strong...excellent on the ball, and very good pass-movers. sooooo much different to sundays i knew it would be a step up, but didnt realise how much.

i did better than i thought i would do...scored a couple of goals in the 2-touch training match. but we didnt touch a ball for an hour of training! it was all fitness....but i managed to keep up. must have done something right, cos the gaffer got me to fill in the signing on form staright away lol.

i'll defo need to keep up the gym, and gain a few pounds if im to succeed at this club. havent been to the gym for two weeks, but going tonight...and gonna try keep it going.

i dont mind if i dont get many games on a saturday, i know trainign with the players, and playing the few games will make me a better player for sundays

My new nick name is Lui
antscorsa

8th Aug 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

play both saturdya and sundays and yea satudays tend to be alot more skillfull and physical!!
messham11

8th Aug 07 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends what level on a Sat. The local Sat league is worse than a Sunday IMO as anyone thats good plays at a decent level on a Sat whereas there are no levels on a Sunday so anyone can play. If you get what I mean?!

For instance our Sunday Premier Division is full of sides whos players play Ryman League/Blue Square etc on a Sat.
gianluigi

8th Aug 07 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nik

8th Aug 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play for Wick http://www.wickersfc.com
messham11

8th Aug 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to have confused you Gianluigi??!! What I was trying to get at is that there are loads of levels on a sat and only 1 on a Sunday. If you compare them on the same levels our local Sunday League is better as you get the players from the higher levels of the Sat Leagues playing.

Any better??
gianluigi

8th Aug 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i get you. the better players on saturday play in the better league. where as those same players could play in the lower sunday divisions?
Cosmo

8th Aug 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant to start up this year again after a few years out whilst at Uni. Havent decided if Im staying in Manc or moving back towards home though so didnt bother - plus Im lazy!
MarkM

8th Aug 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes...I play both...I play in the 11th best league in the football pyramid thing....played at a higher level though...

A big difference between sat and sundays are the pitches are massive on a Saturday compared to sunday
MarkM

8th Aug 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked and highest I have played is 5...played at 9 for a good while too...work commitments etc now mean I cant give as much time to football and training as I used to...
nik

8th Aug 07 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool I'm currently playing at 5 Mark but have played at level 4 in the Southern League (British Gas league, used to be Doc Martins).
MarkM

10th Aug 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nationwide Conference is my best thats 5 is it not?

Was a good few years back...that was years ago before they split the northern/southern shite....but enjoyed it...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » who plays saturday football? 24 database queries in 0.0084100 seconds