corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » BMW 316i coupe spares or repairs - £400

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 316i coupe spares or repairs - £400
j

User status: Offline
11th Aug 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling my BMW 316i coupe for spares or repairs, has MOT until January, tax until October, 156000, seems alot but BMWs last. It has 18 inch Alpina replicas (need new tyres soon), m3 GT spoiler, letterbox style exhaust, sounds really nice, M3 rep wing mirrors and clear front indicators which make alot of difference to the front. Electric sunroof, electric windows, heated washer jets (so they dont freeze) power steering, abs etc

Within the last week its had a new thermostat, waterpump and has a new radiator ready to go in (can be fitted before bought if wanted).

The problem is thought to be the head gasket as it overheated on way home from work and lost alot of water. I waited a while and filled the water up and bled it through and got home without it overheating. Since then it hasnt been driven as iv been lucky enough to have a week off work. But i need a car to get to work and dont want to drive this and ruin it. Dont have the time to fix it at the moment as have just got a new job working alot more hours.

The car has a different colour bonnet, and a dented passenger side wing, which can be picked up in the same colour for about £25 from a scrappy.

Looking for £400 quick sale WILL NOT take any offers, or would swap for a smaller engined car, up to 1.4, corsa, clio, punto etc with MOT until December at least.

Please only comment if youre interested, dont need to know if someone doesnt like the colour etc. Thanks

[Edited on 11-08-2007 by j]

j

11th Aug 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Short list of what it could make if split:

Wheels - £100
Spoiler - £70
Front lights - £20
Back lights - £20
Interior - £50
Both doors - £60
All windows - £40
Window motors - £25 each
Exhaust - £75
Cat (only done about 1500 miles!) - £50
Suspension - £30
Air filter - £20
Boot lid - £15
1 week old thermostat - £20
1 week old water pump - £20
Front wing - £20
Front clear indicators - £10
Kidney grills - £10
Side repeaters - £5
Shell at scrap yard - £40
Rear bumper - £25
M3 mirrors - £15
----------------------------------------
£765
Plus little things that get a few quid, ie badges, petrol cap etc

Just dont have the time to wait for bits to sell

aim1

11th Aug 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, im quite interested, where abouts in canterbury are you? How bad is the overheating as i'd need to drive it from canterbury to maidstone?! Cheers, Alex.
j

11th Aug 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not actually in Canterbury, im in whitstable, i said canterbury because alot of people that arent from Kent know where Canterbury is, well, more than they do Whitstable anyway.

The overheating is fairly bad, wouldnt want to drive it to maidstone, it wouldnt make it without cutting out a few times anyway as they have automatic cut-out when they get too hot. Could tow it to maidstone no problem as its not too far. Took it for a little run earlier to see what happens, it lasts about 2 miles then itl start getting hot, then do another 4-5 miles while hot then itl cut out, need cooling down and re-bleeding, and the same again after that. Only takes 5 minutes to bleed it. Had a few u2u's already

j

11th Aug 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening bump
j

12th Aug 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump.....

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » BMW 316i coupe spares or repairs - £400 25 database queries in 0.0052969 seconds