corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wireless Card issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless Card issues
Planty02

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently bought a Linksys WMP55AG wireless network card (here ) but when I install the drivers for it, the computer blue screens. Same happens with the latest drivers from the linksys website too. It's running on windows XP pro btw

Can anyone suggest anything to help, thanks guys
pow
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uninstall all drivers, pop the card in and let Windows Online try and find some drivers. If not, try copying the drivers off the CD (the .sys and .inf's) and try
pdwhelan

23rd Aug 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either a currupted file OR a faulty peice of hardware. If downloading the drivers failed aswell then i could only assume its the hardware, either the socket that you are using or the actual device its self.

Try a different PCI slot if available, if that fails you could try it in someone elses machine just to see if it installs..

but first before you try that check to make sure your OS is running ok after the blue screens etc.

if all else fails.. send that one back and get a replacement or purchase a different make/model

Hope this helps

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by pdwhelan]
Planty02

23rd Aug 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys

I'll try a different PCI slot. I have formatted the computer and re-installed windows cleanly now, its a new pc with no software on so theres nothing to lose.

pow - I've tryed that and had no luck
Planty02

24th Aug 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried a different PCI slot and it worked a charm...now the BIOS is losing its boot priority settings but not the time and date so surely this isn't the battery

New Poll