corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » central locking draining battery?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author central locking draining battery?
James@CCC

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cars battery keep draining if i leave it more than 2/3 days. A mechanic came to look at it and said the central locking was staying on when the cars locked, and said it might be a solenoid sticking.

So i changed my passenger lock and solenoid cos it had been playing up and it was all ok (although i never left it long enough to no if it drained the battery still). Now the passenger side is playing up again and it drained the battery over the last few days.

Is it likely that the solenoid has gone again by coincidence or is there something causing it? maybe a central locking control unit or something if there is one?
James@CCC

25th Aug 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Will_Sport

25th Aug 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd be better off taking it to an autoelectrician than a mechanic!

a few guesses would be something causing the solenoids to play up (faulty wiring, dodgy earth etc)

New Poll