corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Knocking From Rear Wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knocking From Rear Wheel
Mertin

User status: Offline
7th Sep 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a knocking from my rear wheel, I pushed the wheel to check if it was the bearing and there was a fair bit of movement, so tightened the locking nut on the bearing as I changed the brake shoes a while ago and hadnt re-checked the nut after a few days

Now the wheel doesnt move, yet theres still a knocking? Checked the exahust but it isnt fouling on anything and also checked that everything was secure. Notice the paint on my shock has started to rub away though
Fro

7th Sep 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be your shock have you tried pushing down on the rear and seeing if it makes the noise?
Mertin

7th Sep 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will give this a try, it has been since I fitted the shocks, which is why I thought something was fouling on the axle

Will the shock be mounted incorrectly or something? Or knackered?
Ricky352

7th Sep 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate the other day i got new springs and after they were fitted the car was makin a noise like the one ur describing.

Turned out that the inside of the shock had slipped down, causing the shock to hit the arch as it was up more. Sorry for crap description, dont no much about it myself
TheCam

7th Sep 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is a fair bit of play in the bearing i'd imagine it to be that
Mertin

29th Oct 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump...

Took the shock off and looked at it and put it back on and the knocking is still there. Is there anything else it can be? No play in bearing as I have checked

Just found this :
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=239134

Anyone got a price for new top mounts for vaux? Only seems to be the passenger side aswell

[Edited on 29-10-2007 by Mertin]

New Poll