corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » phone shop people adivce - not about what phone to get!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author phone shop people adivce - not about what phone to get!
Greg_M

User status: Offline
18th Sep 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, been on T mobile about 4 years now.

i got my upgrade about 4 months or so ago, and the N95 was too expensive at time, so was talked into an N73.

Bascly since i got it its been crap. randomlyt turning it self off, freezing, loosing pictures music etc. and just generally crap.

Now ive tried to take phones back faulty before and have been fobbed off and its been sent of to be repaired. but this time im not having it Under the sale of goods, if its within a reasonable period of time i can reject a faulty item and get a refund. How does this relate to a contract phone? as in theory i should be able to reject the goods as they are no up to what i feel is a reasonable standard. but i was provided the phone free, does that make any difference? i dont want a refund, i just want a different phone tbh as this one is crap. been 'repaired' twice already in 4 months.
Robbo

18th Sep 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated the firmware?
Greg_M

18th Sep 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, it is latest and would presume they would have done this when it was 'repaired' as thats what most 'repairs' are
jacko198

18th Sep 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with my orange contract, all ive got to do is phone up, and theyll send me a new one if im not happy with it
Orange has got to be the best for customer care
I got the n95 for free when they wanted £299 for it, all because they didnt want me to leave the company

Try that, Just phone them up, as to talk to the supervisor or sum1 like that, and just say get it soted or ill go sumwhere else

Oh and get ure phone insured! only 5 extra a month on contract!
Matt H

18th Sep 07 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wont upgrade you 4 months into a contract, not a chance

If I were you I'd ring them up & simply ask for an address to put in a written complaint (email or post)

If they ask why you want it tell them but don't go into too much detail. It's their job to find out whats wrong & try to sort it, usually they tend to be more helpfull when they've had to talk you into telling them the problem

Sales of goods act wise you could argue that the handset ws faulty at the time of purchase & that it's a recurring fault can't be rectified by Nokia engineers. If there is not a fix for this problem then you'd like a new handset
Greg_M

19th Sep 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, not after an upgrade as such. just dont see why i should have to put up with an obviously faulty phone.

will try and give them a call and try that tho matt. thanks

[Edited on 19-09-2007 by Greg_M]
jacko198

19th Sep 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and nokia N series phones are like the most un reliable phones out there!
scottyp1989

20th Sep 07 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all you can do really is keep phonin them an complainin about the phone. you might have to send it to them 3 or 4 time but they will replace it in the end lol

New Poll