corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cesc Fabregas

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cesc Fabregas
Robbo

User status: Offline
25th Sep 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Young English talent costs fortunes, there's also not that many Adebayor's/Eboue's/Clichy's kicking about either.

Walcott £10m
Rosicky £7m

Simple really huh

Curtis Davies £10m roughly
Kolo TOure £150k

Robbo

25th Sep 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think you got those 3 i mentioned for under £5 million, how much would those 3 cost in todays market, beggars belief
Adebayor was £7m, t'other two will have been nominal fees
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Yes but playing in spain is different, it's a different style of football, i don't find watching liverpool at all entertaining, and when you are dropping your best 2 players to the bench because you believe in rotation is not really going to get you anywhere in the league.

Torres is clearly fit enough to be starting as many games as possible, the occasional rest yes, but come on

Gerrard just wasnt fit, hence why he didnt start.

Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch are all good enough to score goals against any team in the league - so fact we didnt score had nothing to do with not playing Torres TBH.

And some on our footy this season has been great, certainly much more attacking and flowing than previous seasons.
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Young English talent is stupidly highly priced. Hence why its not coming through.

Clubs want £1m+ for some 15/16yr old who hasnt even played for their first team, but you could go to other countries and get similar skilled players for a nominal fee.
Hammer

25th Sep 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
I think you got those 3 i mentioned for under £5 million, how much would those 3 cost in todays market, beggars belief
Adebayor was £7m, t'other two will have been nominal fees

Was he? still a fair price right enough but i'm sure he was 3 or 4 million quid!
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wiki says £3m
Rob_Quads

25th Sep 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you say its just a shame the UK players are priced so I. I realise that other clubs need to recoup the cost of bringing the player through the ranks but they are so much more generally now.

Even arsenal fell into it - Wallcot - hes got a lot to prove still for this costs (although its coming down every season lol, think its around 10M now rather than the initial 16M)

IMO The biggest difference is the attitude of the young over here. You only have to look at what has happened in the tennis recently. The fact is players like Eboue, etc would give anything to play a top standard yet the UK tallent just play the footy match then go out on the piss.

Pennant is the perfect example - all the potential when young - in the perfect team to develop etc and what does it do - Nick his mates car and go for a drive while drunk...and then again!!!
Only now is he starting to realise his potential. Managers don't want the increased risk that comes with many home grown players
Nath

25th Sep 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=29678
Cosmo

25th Sep 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Pennant is the perfect example - all the potential when young - in the perfect team to develop etc and what does it do - Nick his mates car and go for a drive while drunk...and then again!!!
Only now is he starting to realise his potential. Managers don't want the increased risk that comes with many home grown players

TBH though Pennant isnt a normal case. Not many kids go off the rails like he did.

Of the English talent we have both brought in and found locally I cant fault their attitude. Always willing to play and train, never heard of any trouble with them, accept they need to go out on loan to lower league sides, etc.
Marc

25th Sep 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Young English talent is stupidly highly priced. Hence why its not coming through.

Clubs want £1m+ for some 15/16yr old who hasnt even played for their first team, but you could go to other countries and get similar skilled players for a nominal fee.

Thats why acadamys/youth sides and reserve teams are a good idea.

Walcott is beginning to push his way in at Arsenal and Eagles has made a few appearances for United now.

I'm sure theres some Liverpool wonder kid but his name escapes me

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cesc Fabregas 24 database queries in 0.0099292 seconds