corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I fear I may kill my friend (football boots discussion)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I fear I may kill my friend (football boots discussion)
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Oct 07 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been going round in circles trying to explain to my mate that buying cheap shite boots, and buying a good high quality pair WON'T be the same. He seems to think that it doesn't matter what you wear, you will play just as well. I know it may not make a massive difference, but please can anyone please make a comment to try and explain in a way that I seem to be missing, that there is a difference in football boots so I can then print it off and staple it to his forehead
smack

4th Oct 07 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf its not the boots it s the player, yeh good boots help, but at the end of the day its down to the player
Eck
Premium Member

4th Oct 07 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, I have explained all that. His reply was "So me with £130 bots is better than Rooney with £30 ones?" I told him give the same player a cheap pair, and a really good pair, and there will be a difference, no matter how slight.
Nath

4th Oct 07 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After my performance infront of goal tonight i'm buying new boots. I blame my boots....
TheCam

4th Oct 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always had cheap shitty boots until a few years ago when i bought my first pair of "preds" and the difference isn't slight by any means. good boots are more comfortable and hit a sweeter ball. if that makes sense
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Oct 07 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant play in the wrong footwear!

boot must suit the player
Rob_Quads

5th Oct 07 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not too sure I agree - it depends on the amount your spending.

Personally I would say a £50 pair of boots on someone is going to have them playing as well as someone with £100+. I've never felt they were any better.

I've actually found the older school real leather, normal stud umbros the best boots out there for me rather than ones with spikes here, blades there etc.
mav

5th Oct 07 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good pair of boots is a must..........
gianluigi

5th Oct 07 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comfort is the main thing with boots. soft leather, soft inner sole, and hard yet flexilbe chassis, and you can play in comfort. and the boots will last.

cheaper boots will be that fake leather crap, and a crap chassis, and poor quality studs. you'll get blisters and they'll fall apart before long.

TBF your mate has a point, you can have a good touch, and a good pass, and a good shot no matter what boots you wear.

i used to believe all this gimiccy crap...now i go for boots i feel comfortable in...reasonable price...and look ok.

nike tiempo legends are my preferred choice at £60-£80.
Hammer

5th Oct 07 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends, i now have a pair of £20 Diadoras i'd say are the best boots i've ever owned and i've been through the whole fancy dan predators/Nikes etc.

Instead of the price look at how flexible the leather on the boot is, how comfortable they are on your feet and do they dig in at all when you run.
gianluigi

5th Oct 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comfort FTW
RyanSxi

5th Oct 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i agree with every1 in a way. ive had £20 boots (adidas F10's) they were horrible. Too hard material and gave me bad blisters.
£100 predators. comfy but bought the wrong studs (DOH!)
now have a pair of umbro destroyers were £65 in sale (should be £100ish) with plastic studs. they are the most comfortable boots ive had so far and the material is great. plus they are still rather stylish being blue with white/red cross on
DR11
Banned

5th Oct 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stylish, pah. Give me a pair of black boots any day.
Tom

5th Oct 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get blades if you like your legs.
Hammer

5th Oct 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DR11
Stylish, pah. Give me a pair of black boots any day.

Agreed
gianluigi

5th Oct 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Don't get blades if you like your legs.

never had a problem with blades
Hammer

5th Oct 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're supposed to put more stress on your knee joints when turning quickly apparently?
gianluigi

5th Oct 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs because people have used FG blades on soft ground. thats not a good idea
RyanSxi

5th Oct 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i found blades didnt do my legs any favours. after just 1 training session the moulded studs i have now i can feel the difference.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Oct 07 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

puma kings ftw
X 60RSA

5th Oct 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first boots were Lotto's, loved them, then went to puma kings, got on pretty well with them, then went to a make i cant remember and i wasnt the same!

My manager thought it was down to the fact i was growing fast and my kicking was going out the window, god knows!

I do like a nice tight fitting boot though with real leather if poss.
bigdan

6th Oct 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vapours or total 90s FTW!
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 07 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
My first boots were Lotto's, loved them, then went to puma kings, got on pretty well with them, then went to a make i cant remember and i wasnt the same!

My manager thought it was down to the fact i was growing fast and my kicking was going out the window, god knows!

I do like a nice tight fitting boot though with real leather if poss.

Can't beat Lotto's Zhero's ftw!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I fear I may kill my friend (football boots discussion) 24 database queries in 0.0147710 seconds