corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » second hand ecu's!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author second hand ecu's!
burgess

User status: Offline
   6th Oct 07 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top tip if you ever need a second hand ecu
get it reset on the original car first!!!!
Diagnoised a mates car with a faulty ecu
found a second hand one on ebay for a x18xe1 with original details of the car it came off
so i ordered the car pass for the security number, fitted it to the car and attempted to reset and reprogramme it onto it
top tip it CAN'T be done lol
even when i reprogrammed the immobilzer ecu with the donor cars chassis number and security code it still would not reset!
so I now have £50 worth of circuit board junk!

next as i have nothing to lose is to try the old trick and stick it in the frezzer!
it might work if i can get the charge out of the ecu and hopefully wipe it so I can program it up again!
nowt to lose
Warren G

6th Oct 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the problem?
scottyp1989

6th Oct 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not just short out the on-board battery??? will wipe everything off there then anyway

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » second hand ecu's! 23 database queries in 0.0729620 seconds