corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best media centre case

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best media centre case
dannymccann

User status: Offline
21st Oct 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a new case and am looking at the more stylish media centre inspired cases. It needs to accept an ATX PSU, and an ATX motherboard because i want to use all 4 sticks of RAM and it needs to have space for 2 HDD's and a full length GFX card cos this PC is going to do everything instead of jus watch TV etc

what can ya find?

cheers
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Oct 07 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have both a Silverstone LC17 (ATX) and an Antec Fusion (uATX).

The Fusion is brilliant (2 "suspended" drives, very quiet, nice little display). It's only uATX, but you can get uATX motherboards that take 4 sticks of RAM...
Cosmo

21st Oct 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the look of the Fusion case
ssj_kakarot

21st Oct 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a fusion its excellent, as ian said the suspended drives are quiet as out, and the rest of the case is divided into its own section.

fits my mATX motherboard no problem at all ( has 4 ram slots), also houses 2 sata harddrives, pci-e graphics card and a pci soundcard without problem.

also have a hiper media centr but its the size of a dvd so only onboard soundcard or graphics can be used, well theres room if you use a pci riser but it gets a bit hot.

its on ebay now any way lol.

[Edited on 21-10-2007 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

21st Oct 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130945

can get it without the vdu aswell tis cheaper, comes with a psu also its a good price .
dannymccann

22nd Oct 07 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all the suggestions. in the end i found this on ebay. I went and picked one up and i have to say im very impressed with the build quality. the only problem with most of these type cases is i want to put an all round + gaming rig inside them so the slimline Hyper ones are useless to me but this one is nice and deep, just waiting for the motherboard to arrive now
ed

22nd Oct 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get a normal PC and use a media centre extender. You could either get a Microsoft based product which extends Windows Media Centre features via a LAN to your TV, or you could get something like a Hauppauge MVP which is non-Microsoft based and does pretty much the same thing.
dannymccann

22nd Oct 07 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not actually looking for a media centre PC, was looking for a media centre case to house a normal PC in, i personally thinks it looks better and it also gives me mroe options with moving stuff around my cramped room. I have WMC on XP to allow my xbox in the front room to share audio for example so can listen to music there if i wanted to will be looking at getting a TV card next year to use it as a HDDrecorder for freeview etc

New Poll