corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » red cross's instead of pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author red cross's instead of pics
C4RL0

User status: Offline
21st Oct 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There might be a simple answer to this, but I'm no whizz kid on the computer so I don't know. But why do I sometimes get little red cross's where pictures are supposed to be?

And why can't I look at the picture when I right click on it and press 'show picture'?

Pissing me off now because I can't even look at pictures that I have posted up myself in the past!!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Oct 07 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red cross means it cannot display the image, this can be for various reasons:

cant contact server
image isnt there anymore
url of image is incorrect

Some hows like photobucket or something do not allow you to hot link images, this means you can't link them from pages on CS etc (basically from hosts that arent photobucket). When you click 'show image' its accessing the image directly instead of loading it from a page thats refering to it. (kinda).
C4RL0

21st Oct 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I have just been looking at my project thread and noticed that the pics on the first page are all coming up as red cross's now, and they never used to.

I still have all the images on photobucket and I haven't deleted them, moved them or anything. The url is alright because they used to show up as pictures, and I don't think it is the server because I can still the pictures towards the end of the thread.

New Poll