corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sound problems.. (5.1 audio)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sound problems.. (5.1 audio)
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 07 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother has a 2nd PC that never really worked so i decided to fix the bloody thing, well it has a 'MSI K8N SLI H' motherboard and the sound drivers were the only thing that windows didnt pick up, well i tried everything drivers (realtek AC97) and nothing worked, with it having onboard sound i tried looking in BIOS to discover that the AC97 Audio was Disabled in BIOS..

So i re-enabled it and now it works kinda..

if i plug (Creative 5.1 surround)

GREEN > GREEN
ORANGE > ORANGE
BLACK > BLACK

nothing will work, no sound at all (ive checked that they all match up on the sub box etc.)

when i plug

GREEN > BLACK
ORANGE > ORANGE
BLACK > GREEN

i can get left and right sound but nothing else.

he has no room for a massive sound system so he just wanted to use left and right speakers and leave the other two wrapped up in the corner..

music and things from windows is fine but it only works if you set it to 6CH surround in windows, but obviously we want 2CH and that just doesnt work.

i have tried just 2 speakers (only meant to be just 2 speakers) and that doesnt work either. same problem.. if you put it on 6CH it gets no sound at all..

is there something i have done wrong or does it look like the M/B is fucked.. which will mean we need to find a new soundcard and put that in and disable onboard audio.

i have the latest A4.03 drivers from Realtek.

help
drax

11th Nov 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want stereo sound, just plug in the green lead and set it to 2ch?
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt work, the only sound that comes out would be if i plug it into the BLACK connector, but thats for the rears lol

i have found an old diamond tech DT0398 soundcard and managed to find drivers for XP, so i will give that a shot. lol

New Poll