corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Orange - Grr!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange - Grr!!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 07 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essay Warning!

I just rang Orange because I was told my contract runs out the end of November (fair enough, left it a bit late).

My current contract is 100 minutes and 1750 texts a month for £25 on an 18 month plan.

I got a phonecall from them about two weeks ago, asking if I wanted to renew my contract, where I would get a new Nokia 6300, 225 minutes, 1850 texts and only a 12 month plan, for £22.50 a month.

I can sometimes struggle to get a good signal in my house in Swansea, to the point that I sometimes lose signal completely in the living room, so I told them I would think about it and I was told they would ring me back at 1 pm the next day, which was fine.

They did ring me back, but at 3 pm when I was out on track at a karting event, so couldn't answer. When I rang them up today, I was told I can't get that plan now as 'the upgrade department can only offer the same deals as the internet sir'.

I asked about the free iPod Nano that is advertised on the web, only to be told that is for new customers only.

So basically, I would be best to cancel my contract and sign up as a new starter as I will get a plan exactly the same, with a free iPod. I decided I would do that, at which point they told me they could send me out a pay as you go SIM until I renew, so I agreed.

I was then told the new SIM would take between 21 and 28 days to be sent out to me

Round-up
So basically, does anybody know where I can get a deal including a new phone, around 200-250 minutes and 500+ texts a month, for around £20-£25?
Robbo

27th Nov 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone I can get a nice introductory offer if your interested, u2u for more details
Jambo

27th Nov 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as every other company i wouldnt take it personally mate. Its the way the industry is.
Your sim will be quicker than 28days too
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

27th Nov 07 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo, they told me they won't send it out until then due to me being just past the end of the contract, so they won't send it until near the end of this month.

I just don't understand how a new customer should get better deals than an exsiting and loyal customer? Apparently only the sales department can give me the good deal I got offered at fortnight ago, the upgrades department can't.

In that case, what is the point of the upgrades department, when all I am really doing with them is renewing?
Jambo

27th Nov 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate you better get used to it its called sales. Its a cut throat figures based world. Same for cars, mortgages, credit cards, home phones, pretty much ANYTHING thats sold. You will always get better incentives as a new customer. Every single network without exception is more focused on getting new customers than keeping old. Its the way it is. Barmy as it sounds

Theres a name for it and its called Churn.

Why not get back through to the sales department? Retentions will do you a better deal than the upgrade department. 150 options 1,4,3 tell them your leaving and they will ask why then give you a counter offer to keep you to stay
Toby
Premium Member

27th Nov 07 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 do 500 texts 200 mins for 25 quid iirc
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

28th Nov 07 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo, did that - I went through to cancellations, and said I wanted to leave as I had found a better deal online than that on Orange's website.

The woman just said 'Ok then, I can send you out a free pay-as-you-go SIM if you want?'

I must admit, I was a bit confused.

New Poll