corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 'Resistor mod'

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Resistor mod'
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
7th Dec 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read it john,

some people must be stupid to believe those resistors actually do something. I assume they do give the ECU a colder temp signal but i doubt it gives the car alot more torque low down.

lets face it, you dont get good mods for such cheap prices, look at the difference in airilters for example.

Those resistors cost anything from 99p upto £15 i think. And if they did work then tuning companies wouldnt be chargeing £200 + for a remap, they would be alot cheaper to challenge the cheap resistor price.
John

7th Dec 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what causes it, whether they need to justify making a purchase like that or if it's placebo and they think it does make it faster

Although I have to admit, I haven't personally tried one
Bullet Proof SRi

7th Dec 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have not tried one. when i first got a car i just looked at feedback people had left for them, it was 50/50 really and seeing as you can buy good feedback on ebay the 50/50 thing didnt really give a clear answer.

in my experience of mods, even when i had a wee 50cc scooter, you buy a better product, you get a better outcome.

I think people see those resistor things so cheap and talk theirself into thinking they are good.

But like i said, ive never tried one

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Bullet Proof SRi]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Dec 07 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car feels faster when I clean it. Its all in the head.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
My car feels faster when I clean it. Its all in the head.

iv thought that too, its well fucked up that
Bullet Proof SRi

7th Dec 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true a car is faster when you clean it due to the weight reduction and air movs over the bodywork smoother.

imagin if after cleaning it you put a resistor on it.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Dec 07 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wasn't my point. I'm quite sure in the real world weight and friction don't make any difference whatsoever. Certainly not sufficient to be able to tell.

My point was that I normally feel better about the car when it is clean, therefore it appears to accelerate faster, rattle less and have more traction. Its in my head. None of that really happens.
Bullet Proof SRi

7th Dec 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, i was takeing the pish.

its all in your head is very true. i will only believe those resistors work if some one lets me drive their car with it and without it. otherwise there is no way i would hook up a resistor to my car that costs 99p. that would be like going and buying a maxpower airfilter intead of a real one
JinThaMC

7th Dec 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, you copied his work with referencing. He has a right to complain.

Take it you never did any higher than gcse's then?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JinThaMC
Steve, you copied his work with referencing. He has a right to complain.

Take it you never did any higher than gcse's then?

nope, i wrote it all up myself, i admitted i copied a couple of parapgraphs, namely a tool list and some vagcom stuff, not something i would consider vital parts of the guide, theres only so many ways you can write, hammer..screwdriver etc, the rest i fully rewrote, with my own images, you need to look at both guides

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Steve]
JinThaMC

7th Dec 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've copied, you are guilty of plagiarism
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Dec 07 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets be right about this, in any other circumstance any personal claiming to call themselves a car enthusiast would just offer advice and the net result it everyone ends up with advice on mods on whatever topic they require.

The issue here is a legal one so yes, copyright, plagiarism, call it what you will. I also think this is more of a case of the tool list and vagcom information - this is about the whole guide.

Its debatable whether you could have done the job and therefore written your guide without having studied his. Therefore you took more than just the aforementioned.

I do think a lot of people in that thread need to get out more though. Even after you and the guy sorted it, gave each other links etc. there were some people quoting law. I mean - who the hell is going to secure a conviction on that. You would have to have clearly stolen a sizeable portion, given him a proven financial loss, not attempted to rectify etc., none of which is the case.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 'Resistor mod' 23 database queries in 0.0098569 seconds