corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Samsung LCD problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samsung LCD problem
Fad

User status: Offline
14th Dec 07 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Samsung LE26R7 which I pruchased last October. Last few weeks the screen has been going patchy and the blacks are going a slight green colour which is annoying!

Well I went back to Curry's (I purchased this online) and asked them where the land llies hoping they would be helpful. Like fuck they were I got told word for word "it was my fault for not taking out the extended product cover".

This in my opinion is unreal as you would expect a TV to last more than a year! I was then told my only option would be to send it in which would cost me £160 just to look at it...and that I was better off buying a new TV.

I am pretty fucked off as a year ago this was sellng retail for nigh on £700 notes so I am on a loose loose situation. Is there anything I can do as I think Curry's attitude was somewhat unacceptable.

Before anyone says claim on house insurance I cannot as I didnt pay it and it would be unfair to my mum to bear a claim on my part.

Help?
Russ

14th Dec 07 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

calm down chap

when you buy something, its got to last a certain amount of time which suits its purpose and cost. i.e. if you spend 700 squids on a tv, its not supposed to last 14 months. best thing to do is call samsung, and explain that ^ to them they will be very understanding hopefully, if the person isnt speak to the manager.

there is some term for all that shit ^ in the sale of goods act
Russ

14th Dec 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/contactcenter.do
kz

16th Dec 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

samsung are arseholes on the phone! they dont have a clue good luck though, let us know how it goes... (i have the same TV!)
BarnshaW

16th Dec 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bear in mind i work for LG and we offer 12 months warranty. if ur TV goes faulty out of that then we WONT help. we are not obliged to and your monetry contract is with your retailer. thats what trading standards will tell you also
BlueCorsa

16th Dec 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay to have it fixed, then sue the retailer for that cost - it should have lasted longer than 14 months.
BarnshaW

16th Dec 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dont sue retailers for this.... u could try and claim the costs back off them. however if you get legal papers threatening court sent off to the retailer they will usually make the manufacturer cough up for the repairs.

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by BarnshaW]
Russ

16th Dec 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the time limit has expired on the guarantee then you have no claim under the guarantee. However, if you can show that the goods were not of satisfactory quality at the time of sale i.e. they were not as durable as it is reasonable to expect, then you may have a claim against the trader or finance company (if applicable) for compensation under the Sale of Goods Act.

so wherever you bought it, go back and say under the sale of goods act a 700 quid tv is expected to last more than 14 months, so fix it.

[Edited on 16-12-2007 by Russ]
Toby
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh without sounding like a badger its out of guarnetee which means the tele has already exceeded what they would class as a reasonable life so i doubt you will have a leg to stand on
John

16th Dec 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't have to do anything if it's out of warranty.

It's a bit of a bum deal and obviously i'd be annoyed if it was mine as well but I wouldn't even ask if it was out of warranty because I know wha i'd be told.
Ian W

17th Dec 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LCDs and Plasma's are never going to last as long as the old CRT's.

Its a shame your not closer, my dad fixes them for a living
John

17th Dec 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why will they not last as long?
Ian W

17th Dec 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Why will they not last as long?

Should probaly re prhrase that, I mean more will be scrapped after 12-18 months becuase of the high cost to repair.

My dad gets loads in that are less than 18 months old and they normally need new main boards which aren't cheap but when your looking at £700 for a replacement tv its a bad situation
dannymccann

17th Dec 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say last october do you mean Oct 06 or 07? If 07 you are covered under your statutory rights, Currys have to prove in a small claims court why it is still worth what you paid for it. If 06 then you will have to try the manufacturer

New Poll