corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE cutting out
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 07 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I had issues with the car cutting out on me, so spent the time taking off the throttle body and changing the ICV for a brand new GM part.

It then ran perfectly for a week (about 400 miles) but started playing up again last week, with the same symptoms as before.

It runs fine for about 5 minutes, then won't idle at all, and I need to left foot brake to be able to keep it running. Its also a bit jerky when accelerating.

Also noticed yesterday its overfuelling - used about 8 litres to cover 40 miles, so approx 20 mpg, almost all motorway

Any other ideas? by the way, the EML isn't on.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it misfiring? My sport misfires and is a bit jerky at times for no apparent reason.

I reckon there's something wrong with the coil or something on mine. Frankly I can't be fucked to check though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pobably a sensor thats causing it to overfuel when warm. As this would explain the poor running after about 5 mins.

Coolent temp sensor maybe?

Strange that there is no eml though, although i didnt have one when this was playing up on mine. Will it restart straight away?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it doesn't Gav, well, not too well.

Needs a fair bit of throttle to get it going again, and takes about 30 seconds to get going.

Leave it 5-10 minutes, and it will start again perfectly, but will run rough again and begin to stall after a minute or two of driving.
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
No it doesn't Gav, well, not too well.

Needs a fair bit of throttle to get it going again, and takes about 30 seconds to get going.

Leave it 5-10 minutes, and it will start again perfectly, but will run rough again and begin to stall after a minute or two of driving.

Excactly the same as what was happening with mine when the coolent sensor was at fault as it was flooding it with fuel so it wouldnt start. Then once the car has cooled and needs more fuel for a cold start up it will be fine again. Hence the 5-10 min wait.

Even though mine didnt have an eml light on when this was the problem I took it to a specilist fault code and ecu place and they plugged it in and found out what was wrong also fitted the sensor for free. best £20 ive ever spent even if it was just to save all the hassle.

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Gav, I may attempt the paperclip test tomorrow then, just to check if I pick up anything at all.

How much was the sensor mate?
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm cant remember wasnt too bad otherwise I would have

VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd get change from a tenner for a CTS Tom.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

22nd Dec 07 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to know Phil, just need to hope Vauxhall are open on Monday morning now!

Cheers for the help Gavin, I will let you know the outcome of the new CTS when I manage to grab it!

[Edited on 22-12-2007 by tom_simes]

New Poll