corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Idea's Needed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Idea's Needed!
Gaz

User status: Offline
31st Dec 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Well as it stands, I have my driving test on January the 9th and hoping I pass after 9 months of learning to drive

And when I turn 18 in March I will reiceve some money which I have had left to me.
My Family have always said I should buy a new car when I turn 18 but after thinking about it I cannot really justify having a new car, I want to build up my driving experience and NCB and buy something I really want a few more years down the line.
So that means Im keeping the Corsa for a few years and use it daily as I work 6 days a week normally, so I've decided to spend a few £ on the Corsa when I get the money.

Wheels is my main priority, I've gone off the TSW's and feel they let the car down, for those of you that remember I put a thread up a month ago about wheel Idea's and still haven't made my mind up.
All that comes to mind are some sort of 16" Wheel with black spokes and a green or polished rim(if i go green then i will get it powder coated)
But not sure where to look first for dished wheels in the size and fitment that I want.

Im leaving the engine side of things alone for now, but I feel the need to change the exterior.
I need some new side skirts as one of them is slightly bent and there abit Bland In My Opinion, Steinmetz skirts are probably the ones I will go for to replace them.

I also feel the front needs a change, just don't really know what way to go with it, any Idea's

Here's the car in question:

All Idea's and Opinion's Welcome

Not read the thread, but you must have the GSi kit and Speedlines.
16V_1600

31st Dec 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Well as it stands, I have my driving test on January the 9th and hoping I pass after 9 months of learning to drive

And when I turn 18 in March I will reiceve some money which I have had left to me.
My Family have always said I should buy a new car when I turn 18 but after thinking about it I cannot really justify having a new car, I want to build up my driving experience and NCB and buy something I really want a few more years down the line.
So that means Im keeping the Corsa for a few years and use it daily as I work 6 days a week normally, so I've decided to spend a few £ on the Corsa when I get the money.

Wheels is my main priority, I've gone off the TSW's and feel they let the car down, for those of you that remember I put a thread up a month ago about wheel Idea's and still haven't made my mind up.
All that comes to mind are some sort of 16" Wheel with black spokes and a green or polished rim(if i go green then i will get it powder coated)
But not sure where to look first for dished wheels in the size and fitment that I want.

Im leaving the engine side of things alone for now, but I feel the need to change the exterior.
I need some new side skirts as one of them is slightly bent and there abit Bland In My Opinion, Steinmetz skirts are probably the ones I will go for to replace them.

I also feel the front needs a change, just don't really know what way to go with it, any Idea's

Here's the car in question:

All Idea's and Opinion's Welcome

Not read the thread, but you must have the GSi kit and Speedlines.

Setting the standard for the future
Gaz

31st Dec 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the past, i'm taking it your a newer member?
16V_1600

31st Dec 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
its the past, i'm taking it your a newer member?

Oct 07 but I get the joke
Gaz

31st Dec 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last year EVERYTHING had speedlines and a GSi kit.
Nice but over done...
16V_1600

31st Dec 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz

last year EVERYTHING had speedlines and a GSi kit.
Nice but over done...

Yeah does look nice but may aswell be standard
Gaz

31st Dec 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it is on some lol, i prefere the standard look (bodywise). Its simple and nobody can really say WTF have you done with that!
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 07 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the opinions people, going to go with the black roof and bonnet idea, and have the plastics painted black. and leave it at that for a while.

Me and my old man want to build a corsa xe as my dad does race days in newquay during the summer, so that should keep me occupied helping him out with that, as I haven't done anything mechanical in a while

cheers people

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
corsa_rob

1st Jan 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gloss black bumpers and all trim?...16 inch team dynamics...think the offset is ok like...can get them everywhere... gloss black trim though :O do it...do it now!

they are pro race 2 is it jaycar got em

[Edited on 01-01-2008 by corsa_rob]
andys sxi
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i say is change the alloys and spray them black but not 2 dark

i wouldnt do too much to it as its a nice lookin car and dont c the point in puttin loads of money into it keep the money and save it untill u want a newer car

i dont c the point in black roof's tbh

[Edited on 01-01-2008 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Jan 08 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up the paint today to do the bumper tops, arches and skirts.
Going to think abit more about the black bonnet and roof, don't know if it might be too much black.

Still thinking on the wheels, I want to go lower on the rear suspension so I think I will have to go for some vauxhall alloys as the TSW wheels rub on the rear ever so slightly even though I have only lowered it 50mm.

Some 15" Cavalier Cesaro Alloys will probably be the ones I go for and paint them gloss black.

Anyone want to buy some TSW's

[Edited on 01-01-2008 by Green Thing]

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Idea's Needed! 24 database queries in 0.0124469 seconds