corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car head unit problem, please help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car head unit problem, please help
joshyC

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, i have a Alpine CDA-7894RB, i used to have an Alpine CDA-9831R, i previously had that wired up in my Corsa 1.4 16V Sport and it worked fine. I have since changed the headunits and the new Alpine CDA-7894RB is not working. I have changed the red and yellow wires around on the iso lead so as it has perminant power (should work without ignition on). I have wired the Alpine CDA-7894RB into my mums Astra and it works fine. My battery keeps going flat due to the weather killing it but that isnt the problem as when i try to turn the headunit on, the battery is on jump leads to another car and the car is on (engine running). Also, all the other electrics work and from what i have read, this should not be the case if it was a fuse.
So....

Headunit works fine and works with the ignition off. (not the fuse on the headunit)

Other electrics on car work fine. (dont think its the fuse on the car)

can someone help please, if they could tell me what fuse it is on the car for the stereo, i will replace that just to make sure but dont think this is the case.

help pleaseeeeee, thanks, josh
joshyC

24th Jan 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
GavCorsa

25th Jan 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be first fuse top left 20a
joshyC

25th Jan 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuse is fine then, still no luck with headunit lol

[Edited on 25-01-2008 by joshyC]
paul.mitchell1984

25th Jan 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the iso the same? may be worth checking the cables ie does power line to power etc
Toby
Premium Member

25th Jan 08 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a simialr probelm with my alpine!! how many yellow wires do you have cos i have to hardwire mine to my battery for it to work

New Poll