corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » test drive booked

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author test drive booked
JinThaMC

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your brother in law has a 80's GTE
JinThaMC

31st Jan 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/209305/vauxhall_astra_vxr.html

I seem to trust the evo and jezza's review more than your bro in law
J100RSA

31st Jan 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JinThaMC
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by JinThaMC
torque steer

which is non existant

Coming from the guy who only drives 80's car??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xDZonrA2Dw

Come back and smell between my butt cheeks when you've finished

have you driven a vxr?
JinThaMC

31st Jan 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
JinThaMC

31st Jan 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u?
J100RSA

1st Feb 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you do not like a little bit of torque steer? you no think it gives the car a little bit of character when you drive it? like the fiesta turbo and astra gte were all so famous for ? cos my corsa torque steers like a bitch and to me makes it fun to drive
J100RSA

1st Feb 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate i have to be fair there isnt alot of cars i havent driven

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by J100RSA]
JinThaMC

1st Feb 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sick man!

Doesn't mean I do not like the car just because it has torque steer
CorsaSi

1st Feb 08 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSi
dont bother, saying there quickness.. there really not that quick, as in couldnt keep up with a corsa gsi or a mitsu colt 1.6 and there handling is crap or the driver was as each corner he lost loads of ground and looked like it was about to flip.. stick with corsa's

does the corsa gsi have the maxpower stickers in the window for +20 bhp?

nah it doesnt unfortunatly, has a decat zorst and manifold from vsport and runs around 130 lowered all around strut braces stripped out rear with corbeau forza seats and full harnesses handles like a dream on country roads which this was on.. piss on a astra vxr anyday.. and it has corsasport stickers in the window which we all know add 100bhp..

dont talk wet next time
BYRON

1st Feb 08 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1
quote:
dont bother, saying there quickness.. there really not that quick, as in couldnt keep up with a corsa gsi or a mitsu colt 1.6 and there handling is crap or the driver was as each corner he lost loads of ground and looked like it was about to flip.. stick with corsa's

does the corsa gsi have the maxpower stickers in the window for +20 bhp?

nah it doesnt unfortunatly, has a decat zorst and manifold from vsport and runs around 130 lowered all around strut braces stripped out rear with corbeau forza seats and full harnesses handles like a dream on country roads which this was on.. piss on a astra vxr anyday.. and it has corsasport stickers in the window which we all know add 100bhp..

dont talk wet next time

FPMSL!
mwg

1st Feb 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you only going to look at Vauxhalls or are you going to look at RenaultSport Megane & Clios, VW Golf GTi, Ford Focus ST etc. ?
mav

1st Feb 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ some of the comments in this thread..
Daimo B

1st Feb 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Muppet

Is it a brand new one?

Its pretty boring below 30mph, that up to about 110-120 its pretty good for a standard car.

Don't be put off by the "wavey jelly ass" when cornering. ITs the way the car is (check the Mk5 Astra BTCC), it WILL stick. Its a bloody good handling car.

TCS, to turn off, hold down SPORT button for 5 seconds, it'll spin up easily then

Brakes feel a little spongy and lifeless, but again they do work if you really need them.

Servicing is 20,000 miles or 1 year, bloody good.

New ones come with optional leccy folding mirror n such. Well worth it.
Sat Nav system is very good if your looking to add it.
18"s will be softer and handle better, but really, the 19"s don't make that much difference on the road and look far more pimp.

No cup holders, dumb ass car.

TBH, the only problem we've had is the passanger side plastic inner arch fall down and rub agains the wheel. Otherwise it gets used properly and its taken it all. Its a bloody good car, and everytime you get out its with a smile thinking "that was fun".

But it will feel very slow compared to your corsa (but doesn't need to be revved to get it going).

You'll also notice the second or two until it comes on boost, this can be somewhat frustrating sometimes

Its a f-ing good car, one of the best Vauxhall have produced yet.

As for torque steer, these people have been watching far too much Top Gear and smoking that top gear opposed to actually ever driving the car. Torque steer is minimal (really mean it) and completly naff all compared to the corsa.

You'll like it, its a good drive.

But £52 to fill it up last night, and only about 220-320 miles per tank depending how you drive it. We're averaging about 26-27mpg. Expect to see 6.9mpg at full throttle
Fro

1st Feb 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have driven my mates one and from my experience they are a very good drive and as has been said throughout the thread the torque steer really is minimal. and i would imagine it to only become a problem if you had it remapped/tuned etc

A very good feature on them imo is if you are braking hard the brakes lights flash which i think is a very good idea.
Daimo B

1st Feb 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It actually reduces the TS as the remap softens out the power delivery in 1st n 2nd gear, its a smoother map and is meant to be a better drive.

Standard map is quite harsh.

Remap, full exhaust sytem, say hello to 270+bhp and a seriously nippy weapon.

Said it before, but on a 1km straight, our standard one lost out by a good 20 car lengths, and I had a much better exit onto the straight than the tuned one. But it simply left me standing on the straight. I know 20-30bhp doesn't actually make a car that much quicker on the road, its quite marginal, but this thing simply left me standing.

If I had the funds, and Donna let me do it.

Remap
Full exhaust
4 pot upgrade
Suspension upgrade
ARB fitted
Diff

Happy days, it'll be a beast on the road/track.
Paul_J

1st Feb 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, you'll only get torque steer if you drive like a idiot anyway... If you have a little bit of control over your right foot, rather than just having a lead brick attached to it, then it'll be fine.

I hated the way on TG review, they just nailed it full throttle out of the bend which isn't the quickest way through a corner in a FWD. they need to find the balance of throttle control in any car, especially one with 240 bhp on tap.
Daimo B

1st Feb 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to mention it had standard 1.6 spec suspension on it and wallowy springs, but TG insisted on getting it still.

Personnally, if i were Mr Vauxhall, seeing how JC hate Vauxhalls, i'd have just refused it.

And if the Astra is so bad, why is it consistently beating 350Zs, Megan R26's etc in the Dunlop cup?

FWD, PROGRESSIVE throttle, not plant it and hold on

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » test drive booked 23 database queries in 0.0136681 seconds