corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » conrod opinions please (c20xe)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author conrod opinions please (c20xe)
jamesvalver

User status: Offline
11th Feb 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Red-Top-C20XE-C20LET-Z20LET-Conrods_W0QQitemZ170192499363QQihZ007QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i suppose noone has had any experiance with these rods , but they look the same as all over steel rods that ive seen.

would they be worth it if there std size?
Robin
Premium Member

11th Feb 08 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, I wouldn't buy ones which are being sold without a name, or ones which have a name you've not heard of.

How much are you looking to spend?
jamesvalver

11th Feb 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive not really got a price in mind. im just keepin my eyes open incase my bottom end is knacked. mark was gona get me some prices on rods and pistons but not sure if he has yet
Robin
Premium Member

11th Feb 08 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll prod him tomorrow.
jamesvalver

11th Feb 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers robin. i just think he wanted to scare me with the price of the parts tbh lol. ive got a feeling that my arps might have over stretched causing it to spin a bearing which is what the bottom end rattle is.will find out when i get the car home i suppose
ed

11th Feb 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the description they sound top notch from an engineering point of view. But that could be crap and they could be a bad fit. You'd want to check the tolerences on them before fitting, but you'd need to do that anyway when building a top notch engine.
Robin
Premium Member

11th Feb 08 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My issue with them is more to do with the fact that as an unbranded product, you have no-one to call if one falls apart when you try to put the gudgeon pin through the little end etc.

They could be fine, but I'd rather pay a little more for something from a well respected company, not some random ebayer.
sand-eel

11th Feb 08 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've noticed how on those you can see the line where the bottom separates and on more expensive one's you can't that easily......so i'am thinking they are the cheaper one's
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Feb 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with 'unbranded' products, I buy and use conrods from a major uk manufacturer that come unbranded as they also make them for other companies. I could brand them with my company name for not a lot more cash but its pointless.

what you want to look out for is companies that sell them that either:

A: dont manufacture them themselfes
B: dont fit them themselfes

Ebay shops are full of people buying cheap tat from china and selling them on at profit but with very little knowledge of what they are selling, so they make them sound good.

I have bought a cheap set of conrods before, they were so badly made that they hit off the edge of the crank when rotated. Advice from the company that made them was to 'shave a bit off them' which I didnt do and got a refund instead.

If you do want a cost effective piston and conrod package let me know James.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Feb 08 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can get you some of these if you want

Dean_W

12th Feb 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They for a C300000000000XE engine by any chance?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Feb 08 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got it in one
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Feb 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big conrods or small pallets?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Feb 08 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big con rods
Robin
Premium Member

12th Feb 08 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
nothing wrong with 'unbranded' products, I buy and use conrods from a major uk manufacturer that come unbranded

Yeah, but you know who makes them, and what sort of quality they're going to be.

This is not the case with some randoms on ebay.

New Poll