corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Failed MOT on emmisions :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Failed MOT on emmisions :(
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
13th Feb 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone able to shed some light, my car x16xe keeps failing on emmisions, ive had new lambda, spark plugs, leads, fitted ecotek valve, had the water pump and the timing all replaced and ran redex and cataclean through the system. The car seems to be jumping at around 2500-3000k and has a kinda misfire happening and this is the rev limit they test emmisions at so they cant get a proper read. Could my cat be blocked or broken causing this to happen? Cleaned all sensors and replaced most of them also so i know its not this, and the engine is running like new at idle... anyone able to help cause my bank balance is slowly shrinking
snottysnowy1

13th Feb 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and my car used to fire loads of smoke out and was overfuelling like mad, and now thats all stopped since changing lambda. Im thinking that there is a build up in the cat cause the old lambda was causing overfuelling and loads of crap has built up in the cat.
AdamF
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you post up the readings?
snottysnowy1

13th Feb 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt get a read out mate, was there when he did it and said they were just sky high to be fair. I think for example something that should have read around 1.002 would read something like 10+ when the engine was under revs
swill_omnibus

13th Feb 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id try:-

New fuel filter
Wynns engine flush (dont rev it over 3000rpm & drive it for a good 15min)
And if haven't already, oil and filter change.

Respectfully should help with a cleaner spark and hopefully lower the emissions.

And also, just before the MOT, give it a VERY good run up the motorway if this is possible as helps clean out any excess nastyness in engine before MOT.

Hope this helps.
Fozzy

13th Feb 08 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just had the same problem with my 1.6 sport about two weeks ago. Mine were quite a lot higher than what they were supposed to be and I had someone come out to look at the car (plug in test thing).

I had already fitted new lambda sensor, and they told me I needed new middle section, cat and oil change. All this was done and the car got through easily. The garage that tested the car said the cat was working before but not as well as it should be. Probably new cat time for you I reckon. £100 all in from kwik fit, I hope this will sort your problem.
snottysnowy1

14th Feb 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 from kwik fit? i was quoted £88 just for the cat from partco. Ill ring them to see what they will charge for a new cat and fitting, cheers.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Feb 08 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine just got revved to fuck on the spot for 10 mins before the test. Was cooking hot but passed the emissions...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
snottysnowy1

14th Feb 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£175 fitted from kwikfit, think ill buy one for £88 and fit it myself
Fozzy

14th Feb 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate just find the name of a different local garage and then ring kwik fit up and tell them you got quoted £100 fitted for a new cat. They have a price promise where I live and im sure they will have where you are. Tell them if they can match or beat the price you will go to the because its easier for you. They will do it for that price then, cheers.
johnhara1

14th Feb 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwikfit are a waste of time.

Deffo fit it yourself.

Fozzy

14th Feb 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What for £12 difference? I know what I would rather do.
johnhara1

14th Feb 08 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was quoted £175 so thats £87 difference.
Fozzy

14th Feb 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry about that my friend, I thought you meant £88 to £100

New Poll