corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple of worries I have.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of worries I have.........
Huwsi

User status: Offline
10th Mar 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a car Last week and so far I'm over the moon with it but I've noticed a couple of things;

It's an astra G with Z16XE and It drimks petrol like it's goin out of fashion!
It used almost 1/4 of a tank to do a 7 mile round trip today

Also it is registering on the tempreture gauge that the engine is cold even after been driving for ten minutes i.e- I'ts more or less not registering anything.

Wha could it be? or is it me just being paranoid after haave a car that was falling to bits
12vMatt

10th Mar 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the petrol consumption, make sure the air con is off, my parents astra drinks stupid amounts of petrol when the air con is turned on.
luke85

10th Mar 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For it to use a quarter of a tank in 7 miles you must have a leak, it would run like shite if if was overfuelling that much. the fuel can appear to go up and down if you go up and down hills, are you sure thats not what was happening?

The temperature could be a thermostat fault but what figure on the gauge does it sit at? (ive not seen an astra temp gauge before)

New Poll