corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pistonheads Scam

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pistonheads Scam
Mertin

User status: Offline
14th Mar 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is advertised on pistonehads and iv had 3 of these emails now, they start off with asking the condition of the item, price and some pics. I replied saying all the info was in the advert just to see what happened next

Got this reply

Hello,

Thanks for the mail with trust and honest toward this transaction, am ok with the price (£750 ) of the ITEM .and the condtion terms are also okay with me.For the Shippment from your location, i have my SHIPPER that will come over for the pick up from your location as soon as we seal this Transaction from your end.

Do e-mail me your (FULL NAME, CONTACT ADDRESS, MOBILE & LANLINE PHONE NUMBER) For the payment arrangment, i will be paying by Cheque and i will wait for the cheque to clear before the pick up from your location bcos'i still have a goods in U.K that they will ship for me.I have a CLIENT of my that is Owning me some Fund in United Kingdom that will issue you the cheque (£3,000) as soon as you receive the cheque and clear from the bank, you will deduct the cost of the ADVERT and the remaining balance will be send to the Shipper through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANS FER for the pick up from your location.

If this is okay by you, do e-mail me the following detail

FULL NAME ................
ADDRESS ...................
CITY.............................
STATE.........................
CODE........................
HOME PHONE...............
CELL PHONE................
for the cheque to be made out to you. Hope to read from you soonest.

Regards,

NB:- I will wait for the cheque to clear before the pick up. I will compensate you with £50 for you to remove the advert from the site.

Regards ,

Paul.....
John

14th Mar 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds legit
xa0s
Banned

14th Mar 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, it's the same scam they use on eBay. Dunno how anyone could fall for it. The cheque clears, you've happy with £3k, and they take the car... Then the funds go from your account, and you're left with nothing.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Mar 08 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regards ,

George-Adgdgdgwngo
andyc1234

14th Mar 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Mar 08 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound desperate for it if they are even giving you money to take the advert off

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
B3KAN

14th Mar 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There goin to alot off effort for a £750 astra
B3KAN

14th Mar 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
Nah, it's the same scam they use on eBay. Dunno how anyone could fall for it. The cheque clears, you've happy with £3k, and they take the car... Then the funds go from your account, and you're left with nothing.

Iff the cheque clears in your account how can the funds then disapear?
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Mar 08 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post the email addy so we can all spam the fuck out of it.
16V_1600

14th Mar 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
quote:

Cleaning dirty money. Scamming bastids

They always refer to it as "THE ITEM" also.

They are all the same, seen this scam soooooooooo many times.

Mertin

14th Mar 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont exactly understand it They give me 3k and I have to give the rest of the money to the guy picking it up?
xa0s
Banned

14th Mar 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
They sound desperate for it if they are even giving you money to take the advert off

Don't you get it? It's sent to lots of people. Mainly eBay people. They get you to remove it so no one can let you know it's a scam or whatever. It's just text, and not their money -- it doesn't matter to them.

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
quote:

Dunno mate, that's why people DO fall for it, but it happens. It'll show as available balance, and the bank will confirm it's in your account.

You can do the same with PayPal. If I hacked a PayPal account, and sent you £500 and you banked it... Once PayPal realise it was me who sent it (the hacker), they'll deduct it from your actual bank account, and it'll be restored to the original PayPal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pistonheads Scam 24 database queries in 0.0129030 seconds