corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez demands talks with Referee boss

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Benitez demands talks with Referee boss
Carl

User status: Offline
25th Mar 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deserved it imo. It seemed like he was out to get sent off the way he was acting. Brought it on himself, if he had got on with the game rather than chelping and grinning his head off he wouldn't have spoil the match.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Mar 08 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was one step to far, deserved it for all his fannying on before hand!

If it didn't happen then it was going to happen next chance he got, everyone argues with the ref, but I was sick of seeing him anywhere near!

Every stoppage of play he seemed to be at the ref!

Its about time they made it like rugby where no one can come and start arguing with the ref!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Cosmo

25th Mar 08 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Do you think its possble the ref had, had enough of his constant fouling/abusive languge/bickering with the officials, thats why he issued the yellow.

Remember, you can get booked for aculmation of offences, rather just that particular one. Maybe thats why he booked him, and seems to me, after having seen the highlights again, thats what he did.

Yeah dont get me wrong I know this probably is the case, but my point still stands that why book him when he actually acted in the RIGHT manner when a player speaks to a ref. I mean unless the view is now that you cant even ask the ref a simple question like that?
Carl

26th Mar 08 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Do you think its possble the ref had, had enough of his constant fouling/abusive languge/bickering with the officials, thats why he issued the yellow.

Remember, you can get booked for aculmation of offences, rather just that particular one. Maybe thats why he booked him, and seems to me, after having seen the highlights again, thats what he did.

Yeah dont get me wrong I know this probably is the case, but my point still stands that why book him when he actually acted in the RIGHT manner when a player speaks to a ref. I mean unless the view is now that you cant even ask the ref a simple question like that?

Because he shouldn't have been there, he ran right over to have his say when it was not his place. If he had have been Torres in that instant who had just got booked, and turned around and said why, i'd agree with you, but to run over like that when the ice was wearing thin was just suicidal.
chris-sri

26th Mar 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the referee has just had enough of him and decided the next time he so much as looks at me funny he's getting a second yellow! I don't think that there's any dispute that he would have got himself sent off at some point it's simply that the Bennetts timing was bad.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Mar 08 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you not watch the video not leaving when the ref asks is a bookable offence
chris-sri

26th Mar 08 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I was at the ground and as a comparison swearing in the street is illegal. It is all down to the person in authority in a particular situation to decide what to do as they see fit at the time. I personally think that Bennett made a rod for his own back by allowing Mascherano (sp?) to get away with worse offences before sending him off. I think he had to go but the timing was wrong.
BigSte

26th Mar 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSte
the bigger the club the bigger the whinges imo when it comes to hounding the referee.....

Sheff United must be a fucking huge club then

We don't surround the refereed every time the whistle blows

Mascherano deserved all he got, lengthen his ban imo
Cosmo

26th Mar 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigSte
Mascherano deserved all he got, lengthen his ban imo

Masch and Tevez FTW.
Cosmo

26th Mar 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
No I was at the ground and as a comparison swearing in the street is illegal. It is all down to the person in authority in a particular situation to decide what to do as they see fit at the time. I personally think that Bennett made a rod for his own back by allowing Mascherano (sp?) to get away with worse offences before sending him off. I think he had to go but the timing was wrong.

This is exactly what I mean. He should of been sent off earlier if that was what the ref was going to do...not when he acted how a player should when speaking to the ref.
RyanSxi

26th Mar 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri

This is exactly what I mean. He should of been sent off earlier if that was what the ref was going to do...not when he acted how a player should when speaking to the ref.

Straw that broke the camels back and all that

Was being a cock all game and then comes running over from the centre of the pitch to get involved. Even tho Torres has just been carded for annoying the ref.

Maybe bad timing, but, enoughs enough.
Cosmo

26th Mar 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH the guy was going to be there to take the freekick anyway, but thats makes little difference and I know that!
RyanSxi

26th Mar 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH the guy was going to be there to take the freekick anyway, but thats makes little difference and I know that!

He had no intention of taking the free kick. Alonso was taking it. He sets off running after Torres gets a card, then when Alonso tries to stop him he pushes past and annoys the ref.
strick206

26th Mar 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So him bringing his hand up to his face in Spanish means book him FPMSL

Its a sign of bemusment, much like if we put our hands out to each side in shock/wonder. Thats why you see Rafa do it the moment after Masch gets his second yellow - he wasnt indicating for a yellow to be showed to the ref...he was shocked.

No-one except torres and the ref knows what he said,

He was opening and losing his hand in a direction towards the ref, and saying things at the same time, he must have said something which was considered dissent and was booked, torres turned around, wondered why, but walked off and got on with the game.

Masch's first booking was for the tackle, his second for most like, a build up of a few incidents, he wasn't booked for either time he swore at the ref, so rightly, the united player who swore at the ref also wasn't booked.

Although i agree they should both have been booked for swearing, that's were referee inconsistency comes into it
p

26th Mar 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7314834.stm

Found guilty of improper conduct, hopefully they will extend the ban

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez demands talks with Referee boss 25 database queries in 0.0115230 seconds