corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa XE Exhausts

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa XE Exhausts
J100RSA

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no reduction in bore size on the bend
J4M13

2nd Apr 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, i apologise, ours isnt mandrel, got it wrong. Im on the mechanics side of the garage

[Edited on 02-04-2008 by J4M13]
jr

2nd Apr 08 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I know jr has a full custom, but competition system fitted to his, but he won't be able to tell you if it has made a difference for a long time yet!

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Apr 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
no reduction in bore size on the bend

Some compression benders are worse than others, however its a common myth that compression benders reduce the size on the bend. Gas flow is more about volume than shape. on a compression bend the shape is made slightly oval but the internal volume is not reduced.

However mandrel bends are the best, I would love to own one but the cost is rediculous to buy one in the UK.

The other big difference with custom made exhausts from companies such as Simpsons etc... is that they will purge weld most of the welds giving a much smoother internal bore.

I sell 2 different spec exhaust systems, standard compression bent systems, tig welded, nothing special, but a good stailess system that has had a fair amount of design work go into it to fit perfectly on the car to meet the customers requirements. Then theres the other type which we often fit onto highly modified cars or track/motorsport based cars where the system is designed purely for performance using pre formed mandrel bends and then if required we can have al the welds purge welded. these systems use much thinner walled tubing to keep weight down, different silencer boxes and can come fully ceramic coated inside and out if required.

the second option costs over twice as much as the first. You do literally get what you pay for with an exhaust.

[Edited on 03-04-2008 by Dave A]
DaveB

3rd Apr 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
sorry mate, i apologise, ours isnt mandrel, got it wrong. Im on the mechanics side of the garage

As DaveA has said; "you pay for what you get". And seemingly you don't even know wtf you get at your garage so if you haven't got anything good to say stfu.

To compare WHY powerflow exhausts are NOT a 'custom' exhaust, see below

Flow Tested Designs
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - No

Significant R&D into fitment on the Car
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - No

Manufacturers Using Magnex as Standard Fitment
Magnex - Aston Martin, Jaguar, TVR
Powerflow - None

304 Grade Stainless Steel Used
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - Dealer Dependant

Noise Tests
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - "how loud do you want it?"

So just from the few points above, you can clearly see that your small point at trying to pwn me is worthless. I am NOT in anyway stating that a magnex exhaust is a 'custom' one. What I am stating is that there are NO on-the-shelf exhausts specifically for a Corsa B with an XE engine conversion.

The ONLY way to do it is to either join a current system to the manifold, go to powerflow (and generally!!!) expect a shit exhaust with crap quality welds and bends, OR go to a professional bespoke exhaust company such as JP or Tony Law.

[Edited on 03-04-2008 by DaveB]

Mattb

3rd Apr 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I know jr has a full custom, but competition system fitted to his, but he won't be able to tell you if it has made a difference for a long time yet!

increased power from 201 bhp to 214 bhp, slight reduction in torque, power moved waaaay up the rev range, peak power was made at the 7500 rpm limiter..

thats over a standard manifold and powershite exhaust
craig_s

3rd Apr 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with powerflow.had one on mine since i bought it and had no problems with it.but like you say you get what you pay for.
p16vlv

3rd Apr 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
quote:
Originally posted by J4M13

As DaveA has said; "you pay for what you get". And seemingly you don't even know wtf you get at your garage so if you haven't got anything good to say stfu.

To compare WHY powerflow exhausts are NOT a 'custom' exhaust, see below

Flow Tested Designs
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - No

Significant R&D into fitment on the Car
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - No

Manufacturers Using Magnex as Standard Fitment
Magnex - Aston Martin, Jaguar, TVR
Powerflow - None

304 Grade Stainless Steel Used
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - Dealer Dependant

Noise Tests
Magnex - Yes
Powerflow - "how loud do you want it?"

So just from the few points above, you can clearly see that your small point at trying to pwn me is worthless. I am NOT in anyway stating that a magnex exhaust is a 'custom' one. What I am stating is that there are NO on-the-shelf exhausts specifically for a Corsa B with an XE engine conversion.

The ONLY way to do it is to either join a current system to the manifold, go to powerflow (and generally!!!) expect a shit exhaust with crap quality welds and bends, OR go to a professional bespoke exhaust company such as JP or Tony Law.

i take it you have had a bad experience with powerflow. mines been on about 6yrs and not had a problem with it .
GteRedtop

3rd Apr 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i made a 3inch straight through at work,the pipe is off a transit, from the manifold to the backbox,its really loud and the neighbours love it but i might get a proper system soon because might be loosing too much back preasure,i think anyway,i think you will egtt your best performance if you were to go for a stainless system

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa XE Exhausts 23 database queries in 0.0127261 seconds