corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Automatic Loss Of Power, Flashing Sports Light, But Fine Once You Restart The Car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Automatic Loss Of Power, Flashing Sports Light, But Fine Once You Restart The Car
Corsa Phil 666

User status: Offline
13th Apr 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Everyone,
My mums got a 1995 corsa 1.4i Auto which has developed this very strange problem. It happens only ocassionally but it apears to be getting more and more frequent. Basically you start it up, drive around for a bit and then it loses all power and the sports mode light flashes at you. You have to pull over. Stop the car and restart it and then its usually fine but this is very dangerous. We're lucky it happened when we got of the roundabout today otherwise god knows what could happen.

I've checked the usuals like Auto oil, Engine oil etc etc. My mum says she thinks she can hear rushing fluids when it happens, like a tap, which led me to think fuel pump or injector but surely that would bring up an EM light rather than the flashing sports mode light. Any one have or heard of this fault before? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the essay.

Cheers Phil
Corsa Phil 666

User status: Offline
15th Apr 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump!!

New Poll