corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Body only?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Body only?
Hoddo

User status: Offline
16th Apr 08 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be stupid to get body only considering I have 3 lenses already?

Obviously one is the standard lens for the 350d.

the 40D body only comes in at:

>> Buy new: £629.94 18 Used & new from £572.99
JonnyJ

17th Apr 08 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I would question however why you would want to upgrade. The 40D isnt going to make a massive difference in your photos compared to your 350D.

You've seen what Lara Jade can do with a 350D.

The only reason i upgraded to a D300 from a D70s was its high ISO noise handling abilities (For night football matches) and to have the continuous focusing ability.

If i was you i wouldn't bother upgrading unless you were going for something like a 5D or 1D Mk3. You would be better off spending over £600 on a top quality lens or flash tbh.

Hoddo

17th Apr 08 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
No, I would question however why you would want to upgrade. The 40D isnt going to make a massive difference in your photos compared to your 350D.

The only reason i upgraded to a D300 from a D70s was its high ISO noise handling abilities (For night football matches) and to have the continuous focusing ability.

If i was you i wouldn't bother upgrading unless you were going for something like a 5D or 1D Mk3. You would be better off spending over £600 on a top quality lens or flash tbh.

To be honest mate, I need to learn about lenses and flash guns, obviously I have a basic overview about them, but I want to know more. I am particullarly interested in a flash gun though, the standard flash on the 350D is horrible.

But you've kind of answered my question for me. I just dont know what Im looking for.

Lara Jade has a 5D now so it seems, cracking stuff
AndyKent

17th Apr 08 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Jonny says, best to put your money into good glass, not the bodies.

Besides, I hear an upgrade for the 40D is on its way now that the new 450D just about matches it picture quality - apparently October time.
Hoddo

17th Apr 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Besides, I hear an upgrade for the 40D is on its way now that the new 450D just about matches it picture quality - apparently October time.

wasn't that the upgrade to the 400D?

I've heard Nikon have released news about some new bodies mind.
Scotty_B

17th Apr 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

The 350d is good enough and a £600 lens will bring out the best.
AndyKent

17th Apr 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hoddo
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Yes, the 450D will soon replace the 400D, but the picture quality and image sizes matches, or even surpasses, the 40D due to age, sensor type etc.
Scotty_B

17th Apr 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
quote:
Originally posted by Hoddo
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Yes, the 450D will soon replace the 400D, but the picture quality and image sizes matches, or even surpasses, the 40D due to age, sensor type etc.

Hopefully the 450d will be more comfortable to hold than the 400d. Thats where the 40d size comes into its own.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Body only? 24 database queries in 0.0252280 seconds