corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Eating 5 meals a day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day: Eating 5 meals a day
mattk

User status: Offline
21st Apr 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be eating

3 scrambled eggs at 7:30
1 chicken breast and brown rice at 110
1 chicken breast and brown rice at 30
Turkey/Beef/Chicken and mixed veg or chips at 60
a little summat before bed at 10:30- 120

due to a change of contract at work im now doing a different job and time is TIGHT

I can manage the morning eggs, its the 2 seperate dinners I cant do, I could probably nibble a buttie while I work at 30 and have the 2 chicken breast at 11

the buttie will probably be ham salad cause the shop over the road from the site do kick arse ones! and I can send my apprentice over

Is it the fact your ingesting food at regular intervals or that your ingesting quality protein at regular intervals thats best
Tom A

21st Apr 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find eating a good amount the hardest part of bodybuilding, the gym is the easy bit in comparison. Because i go to 6th form and work, i usually manage 4 meals a day, and a couple of protein shakes, but i try and have as big a meal as i can get, but i always miss breakfast, because i'm lazy and choose to stay in bed, so i really need to get up and get on with breakfast.

And to answer your question, i've always thought it was food at regular intervals that was important, because it ensures your burning your food for energy and not muscle, therefore keeping your muscle mass up?
mattk

21st Apr 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I was thinking it was just to keep the motabilism moving

hugefoot

21st Apr 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the regular meals keep the metabolism high, im just starting a proper diet regimje and its hard to get the 5 meals a day thing going, once im used to it, will be ok!

corsa5dr

22nd Apr 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The regular protein intake is the important bit, keeps your body in a anabolic state (state for building muscle)
Marc

22nd Apr 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I eat throughout the day. People always comment at work. I think its better to eat throughout the day instead in one go at mid day.
STEvieXE

26th Apr 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have time problems for eating also

this is my working day usual diet
7.30am
100g oats blended with one scoop protein and milk
cheese string and a babybel

10am
4 pieces of brown bread sandwichs with different fillings, apple and a banana

1pm
100g pasta with can of tune and mayo
scone or bap etc

3pm
homemade protein bar or protein shake

7pm post workout hake

8pm
dinner meat veg potatoes/ rice etc

9pm snack like cottage cheese with 2 slices of bread

10pm
100g of pasta with a can of tuna

not a perfect diet but am getting there and have increased my weight by a stone since xmas

was eating another 100g of oats a day but wasnt agreeing with me inside so i axed the second helping from my diet
Carl

26th Apr 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom A
I find eating a good amount the hardest part of bodybuilding, the gym is the easy bit in comparison. Because i go to 6th form and work, i usually manage 4 meals a day, and a couple of protein shakes, but i try and have as big a meal as i can get, but i always miss breakfast, because i'm lazy and choose to stay in bed, so i really need to get up and get on with breakfast.

For sure, breakfast is the main one as you have had 8 hours ish with nothing.

My intake is woeful, find it hard work, need to be ultra organised to combat it.
Wrighty

27th Apr 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

workings shifts is a pain, its soo hard to try eat right, sometimes i just end up having a protein shake first thing or if i have time, toast and shake, maybe same again for lunch and something sensible for dinner

then shifts will change and cock everything up! i think the hardest part of any workout is eating right, probs 70-80% nutrition, 20-30% exercise...i just try get as much protein in as poss

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Eating 5 meals a day 24 database queries in 0.0107851 seconds