corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear speakers
Envoy Ash

User status: Offline
1st May 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, i have two 250watt speakers in the rear parcel shelf and stupidly i was told jus to set a wire off the door speakers up to them but they dont hardly work.will they work if i wire them up to the rear wires off the back of the headunit. i presume there are two wires for rear right and rear left.
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd May 08 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you don't have the original Grundig CAR radio in then you should have connections on the back for front left, front right, rear left, and rear right. The CAR 200 (not sure about other models) only has connections for the front two.

I think that if you connect the rear speakers to the front ones, it will basically steal their current, which will make them quieter, which sounds like what has happened with yours. With the separate connections, they get their own current from the radio, so nothing will be quieter and it'll sound good

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Envoy Ash

3rd May 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy.its not the grudig car200 its aftermarket and imsure it has the rear left and right.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem mate.

Pretty much all after-market head units have 4 outputs these days so it sounds like you'll be alright

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll