corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » MGS4 to have 90 minute cut-scenes.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MGS4 to have 90 minute cut-scenes.
radicalry00

User status: Offline
25th May 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189543

" We know the Metal Gear Solid series is famous for its long cut-scenes, but this tops everything! Metal Gear Solid 4, the latest instalment in Hideo Kojima's seminal stealth series, has cut-scenes (note the plural) that approach the 90 minutes mark."

Cut scenes that are 90 minutes long EACH?! Jesus this game is going to be mad. Not sure if I could sit through that though.

Still can't wait for this game though.
Kurt

25th May 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there goes completing it over a weekend
Marc

25th May 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can skip them.
Kurt

25th May 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but then you dont have a clue whats happening
AndyKent

25th May 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely thats combined over 90 minutes not each one that long.

Given that your not supposed to sit in front of a screen without a break for more than 60 minutes, I don't think the creators would be allowed to do that.
radicalry00

25th May 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk

Given that your not supposed to sit in front of a screen without a break for more than 60 minutes, I don't think the creators would be allowed to do that.

No it's the length of just one of the cut senes. Plenty of films are considerably longer than 90 mins so I can't see why not.
Mad Moe

25th May 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with aPk there surely can't be 90 minute cut scenes, nobody could be arsed with that no matter how good the game is
radicalry00

25th May 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the cutscenes in MGS2 was over 45 mins in length and the story in this one is, supposedly, much more complex as it's the last in the series. 90 mins is very long though so let's hope it's good!
Ren

25th May 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't one cutscene that is 90 minutes long. If you read the article properly, it shows that.

Quote:
We were expecting long story sequences (MGS2 approached the 45 minute mark in one) but an hour and a half of cinematics was unexpected.

It states an hour and a half (90 minutes ) of cinematics will be included in the game. Not one full 90 minute cinematic

[Edited on 25-05-2008 by Ren]
Ren

25th May 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
One of the cutscenes in MGS2 was over 45 mins in length and the story in this one is, supposedly, much more complex as it's the last in the series. 90 mins is very long though so let's hope it's good!

No it wasnt I clocked that game many'a'time, and never did I sit through a 45minute cutscene.
AndyKent

25th May 08 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
quote:
Originally posted by aPk

No it's the length of just one of the cut senes. Plenty of films are considerably longer than 90 mins so I can't see why not.

Films (at the cinema) are different...........you're sitting much further away etc so not damaging your eyes which I think is what the warning on computer games is about.

Hadn't read the article earlier but have now. Still can't see it being 90 minutes. Longest in MGS2 can only have been 15 minutes max (the end cutscene was the longest wasn't it?)
radicalry00

25th May 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
There isn't one cutscene that is 90 minutes long. If you read the article properly, it shows that.

Quote:
We were expecting long story sequences (MGS2 approached the 45 minute mark in one) but an hour and a half of cinematics was unexpected.

It states an hour and a half (90 minutes ) of cinematics will be included in the game. Not one full 90 minute cinematic

"We know the Metal Gear Solid series is famous for its long cut-scenes, but this tops everything! Metal Gear Solid 4, the latest instalment in Hideo Kojima's seminal stealth series, has cut-scenes (note the plural) that approach the 90 minutes mark."

That implies to there being more than one individual cut-scene approaching the 90 minutes mark. Official Playstation Magazine have confirmed that there will be 29 hours of gameplay and 9 hours of cinematics in the game.

[Edited on 25-05-2008 by radicalry00]
Ren

25th May 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"A rumor was flying around the Internet that MGS4 would have 90 minute cut-scenes. Well a Gamepro editor says this rumor is false."

"I've beat the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality. And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes.

Click Here for Link

OPM never confirmed anything. Did you read that from one of the posters on the first link?

radicalry00

25th May 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just seen that story. Looks like the 90 minute cut-scene was a load of BS then.

I'm relieved in a way. I don't think I could have coped with cut-scenes that long.

[Edited on 25-05-2008 by radicalry00]
Marc

26th May 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FMPSL @ people thinking there was one sequence at 90 minutes
Ren

28th May 08 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
FMPSL @ person thinking there was one sequence at 90 minutes

xa0s
Banned

3rd Jun 08 at 04:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can apparently click past the sequences. Also, you can watch them all at once as a movie.

I've got mine pre-ordered -- bring on the 12th!

New Poll