corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what have you been told by 'mechanics'?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what have you been told by 'mechanics'?
Graham88

User status: Offline
19th Jun 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
our top parts man on the service side just knows hundreds of part number, never needs a book/pc is amazing

Same at work in our stores department. Mental but then if you're doing it day in day out it's not that impressive
jacko198

19th Jun 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum took her honda cr-v in for a service to honda, all fine, but they phoned her up, and said she needed new rear disks and pads for £300 fitted on a 3 year old car

Told them where to go!
Timbaland
Banned

19th Jun 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
Put the MINI into BMW once because it was weird starting up from cold, would drop and lift the revs and so on. Got it back a few days later and they said it was fixed, Driving home and noticed it wasnt sounding the same. Got home and noticed they had taken off my £120 BMC induction, Went back and they said that was the problem LOL Actually turned out to be an idle valve or something.

And another time that Arnold Clark had it for a week my sister phoned me and said it was in Burger King car park.
I went down pretending i wanted something out of my boot. The receptionist was all helpful and then came back looking worried with the manager, He said 'Someone will bring it round in 5 minutes'. Waited 10 minutes and saw it drive past the showrrom window. I ran round and saw 3 guys my age get out with there burger kings. I went off my head , the manager came out and went mental at them aswell. Got a full tank of fuel, an extra years warranty and 2 free services. Hate to think they were probably kicking fuck out of my car.

what did they do with the bmc?

bet the manager was licking your arse a treat

They had it in a bin that was in the office, First time iv heard of car parts being disposed of in an office.

Aye, He wasnt half and every time i go in im like royalty , Its awesome.
sand-eel

20th Jun 08 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one guy said to me if you have a 1.6 petrol and bore it to a 1.7 it becomes a deisel IDIOT
sand-eel

20th Jun 08 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Put the MINI into BMW once because it was weird starting up from cold, would drop and lift the revs and so on. Got it back a few days later and they said it was fixed, Driving home and noticed it wasnt sounding the same. Got home and noticed they had taken off my £120 BMC induction, Went back and they said that was the problem LOL Actually turned out to be an idle valve or something.

And another time that Arnold Clark had it for a week my sister phoned me and said it was in Burger King car park.
I went down pretending i wanted something out of my boot. The receptionist was all helpful and then came back looking worried with the manager, He said 'Someone will bring it round in 5 minutes'. Waited 10 minutes and saw it drive past the showrrom window. I ran round and saw 3 guys my age get out with there burger kings. I went off my head , the manager came out and went mental at them aswell. Got a full tank of fuel, an extra years warranty and 2 free services. Hate to think they were probably kicking fuck out of my car.

what did they do with the bmc?

bet the manager was licking your arse a treat

They had it in a bin that was in the office, First time iv heard of car parts being disposed of in an office.

Aye, He wasnt half and every time i go in im like royalty , Its awesome.

the cheek of binning someone's elses stuff though
danielleG

20th Jun 08 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my zaffy into vauxhall to have a new front bumper through insurance due to some twat reversing into it, the car was sitting outside on their forecourt for 2 days after the repair and didnt ring me once, in fact i had ring them to chase them up that my car was outside....when the guy csame round to get the courtesy car, he said 'im really sorry they told me not to say anything but we dropped a screwdriver on your bonnet i went and complained and they denied doing it when i told him his idiot employee had confessed he didnt know what to say the same young lad also said to me 'what is that noise from your car?is it some kind of special dump valve?' referring to the waste gate chatter
ShEp

20th Jun 08 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall telling me that my car needed a 5th coil pack after the oter 4never sorted it

I previously worked for Vauxhall, so I asked to speak to the foreman, had a shot of tech2 and found that the air flow meter was at fault

Strange because the gave me a list of parts I would need (Boost sensor, actuator, etc...) if the 5th coil pack didn't sort my car,

Oh and 2 and a half hours for an MOT is out of order
Adam-D

20th Jun 08 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not so much mechanics, more customers.

saying there car is chipped and it does xx miles an hour and its got xx more brake horse power.

i just nod, agree, and they leave happy.

[Edited on 20-06-2008 by Adam-D]

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what have you been told by 'mechanics'? 23 database queries in 0.0098460 seconds