corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Getting broadband before BT line is active

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting broadband before BT line is active
Cavey

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i have just bought a new BT line, to be activiated on 30th June.

I've got the phone number already, but trying to do O2 Broadband online it doesn't see it as a valid number (because the line's not active)

Whats the odds of them setting it all up and sorting it out so it'll be active on 1st July with the phone number i have?

(Gonna ring them tomorrow, they're closed now)
Doug

23rd Jun 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone line needs to be active I belive before you can provision BB on it. I could be wrong though....
Cavey

23rd Jun 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what i was thinking, but its jsut annoying that i'll have to wait another week at least before getting BB setup.

I ordered the BT line on the 12th and apparenlty the order didn't go through online so had to re-do it today. Wanted everything sorted before i moved
WATSON

23rd Jun 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with BT, They are bastards with new lines!
Dean_W

24th Jun 08 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Good luck with BT, They are bastards with new lines!

Agree. Mine took over a month.
AdZ9

24th Jun 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just re-activated the line in the flat that i move into on friday, takes 2 days to activate so will be ready when i move in friday. I rang up Sky for sky broadband, they said they can't do the BB until its been up and active for 5 days, so i have to wait till at least tues next week!

Sky TV can be installed right away though so i'll get that done for saturday
AdZ9

30th Jun 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got off the phone to Sky ordering my Broadband.

Moved into my flat Friday, phoneline was activated from Thursday so i rang them and asked to order it now so i can have it sent out and be to me by tomorrow as I need it for my line of work as i do freelance design projects i need the net to get resources/email work etc........

Order it all and set it up, and he says "It may take 2-3 weeks for broadband to be activated....." i went quiet and then finally said "is that a joke?" he then gave me some guff about it all, now it could be done quicker like sometime this week, or it could take that long. I can't believe it! Its been bad enough not having net for 4 days, let alone 3 weeks... I can only access it at work but then if i get an email in the evening asking for an urgent project i'm losing out on money

Anyone else gone through thus with BT/Sky? How long am i realistically looking at? I know they say 2-3 weeks to cover themselves as if they said a week and it wasn't people would complain...
Tiesto

30th Jun 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a week for my Sky Broadband to be activated. Took 2 weeks for BT to activate the line first though
AdZ9

30th Jun 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiesto
Took a week for my Sky Broadband to be activated. Took 2 weeks for BT to activate the line first though

thats what i'm dreading, BT taking ages, they usually activate their members first and leave others till the end :/
Cavey

4th Jul 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took 12 days or something for BT to activate my line, went to the library for free internet, setip O2 on the monday, here i am on Friday using their internet

Very good first impression

New Poll