corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gutted

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gutted
SVM 286

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
Cant see why its not repairable?

Because it would be dangerous and probably illegal to do so. Also very difficult.

The angle of the patch would be too great and it would be hard to get it to take.

The loading on that area of the tyre during cornering is very high too.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc Know the feeling, I had a set of Yoko A539s on the front of mine for about 18 months which I didn't really like, got some F1s on there about a month or so ago and I noticed a screw in one the other day. Not as close to the shoulder as yours but it's still borderline, don't think the place I use'll repair it. Another £60 down the pan
Jay

8th Jul 08 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had one repaired there and it was fine until the tyre went bald
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Jul 08 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to look at getting a replacement if and when i can afford it.

Anyone fancy buying a slightly damaged F1

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
bubble

8th Jul 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it can be repaired-but given that when turning/cornering there will be lots of pressure on that area, youd be silly to risk it. also, sidewalls act as reinforcements for tires-only a complete cock would have it repaired and use it. if you had an accident and they noticed that repair, you would be done for driving with a defective tyre.
Jordan C

8th Jul 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont scrap the tyre! i fix things like that if a customer wants it sorted! also done it for my self and there has never been a problem! if ur worryed ask to get a majour repair done on it!! just as good as new and ul have no worrys!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gutted 24 database queries in 0.0098860 seconds