corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Motherboard and Processor info needed!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motherboard and Processor info needed!
Cavey

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i wanna keep the main insides of my machine, but need a new motherboard, and processor (and probably RAM, got 400mhz DDR2 at the moment i think)

I need an AGP slot, 3x PCI and IDE interface, having a bit of a struggle finding them, i'm miles out of touch with stuff these days

Or would i be better, just changing it all? As long as it's got a PCI slot i can run my IDE drives, got a PCI-IDE card thingy as i've got 4 drives
John

7th Jul 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no point buying a board with agp, I'm not sure you even get them anymore.

Having 1 IDE channel is standard now in favour of the neater sata.
Cavey

7th Jul 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew i could count on you for a quick answer john, so i'd need a new Gfx card anyway, or have to use onboard graphics...

tbh, i don't use my PC for gaming anyway, just FM08 really, so i guess i don't really need a decent gfx card anyway
John

7th Jul 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't need fancy graphics you'll be able to pick a pci-e card up for 30 quid.

You can get half decent ones cabable of playing loads of games for ~100 these days.

I'd have a look on ebuyer and go for one in your price range with good reviews.
Cavey

7th Jul 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, was hoping for a bundle though, just a lot easier, i'll have a look later when i've got a bit more time.

Yeah, had a quick look on ebuyer for mobo+processor bundles just because it's easier, only 1 there, i'll have a look at seperates later when i've got a bit more time, cheers

New Poll