corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Cutting Out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Cutting Out
Charlotte

User status: Offline
13th Jul 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so ive been driving my new car for a few weeks now and after the second day the engine maintenance light came on and wouldnt go off.

So was driving to work on wednesday and i got to the top of my road and engine just cut out randomly. Went to start it back up.. was going for about a minute then again it cut out.

I got to work...drove it home after my shift and it was fine.

The next day a mate came into work and i asked him to take it up his garage and stick it on the fault finder machine. He said that it cut out about ten times on hiw way round the corner to his garage. He said that all my hoses were loose and there were quite a few faults on the car. So anyways he got rid of the light and everything was cool.

Started my car up at the gym yesterday.. and it just cut out again. After that the engine light came back on and again it hasnt gone off.

Opened up the bonnet when i got home and borrowed my dads screwdriver to tighten up the hoses again. Ive found that my air filter is like the size of a bloody balloon and i didnt know whether it was meant to be that size?? Anyone with a corsa c sxi if you can tell me how big your filter is then id be very happy.

Well the hose that connects the air filter to the engine filter thing is really loose and well even when its tightend it just slowly slides off. Ive had to use cable ties to keep it connected on.

Can anyone give me some ideas as to how to fix this problem as i am totally out of ideas right now
M055360

User status: Offline
13th Jul 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure its the air filter hose.

had a similar problem with my 1.6 corsa sport turned out it was the idle valve, if i didn't keep the revs high it would just cut out.
i was told it was cause of the hot weather and its fine now

New Poll