corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE cam cover gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE cam cover gasket
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
14th Jul 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have had a slight oil leak on the GSi so decided to get it a new cam cover gasket, new dissy O'ring and change them...

well done both and when i took the dissy out i found a shed load of sylicone(sp)
around it and the O'ring was distroyed so put the new one in nice and easy

so cleaned all that up and changed the cam cover gasket after i got the cam cover shot blasted and sprayed...

now here is where the problem arises..

when you run the car and get it hot.. there is a oil leak from the corner of the cam cover where the dissy bolts on...

anyone got any ideas about this?

Rich
wozza51

14th Jul 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silicone yu gayyyy.......
jus hurry up an get it donee.....
lool
EarlofBarnet

15th Jul 08 at 05:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's a common problem with the rocker covers warping slightly. Might be the case with yours?

If not, did you use some gasket sealer when you fitted the new rocker cover gasket? Might be worth using some to help it seal properly.

Good luck!
Richardhhha

15th Jul 08 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol there you are you tubby badger. Ok i'll have to take it off and get some sealent and do that,

New Poll