corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fusion subs and amp problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fusion subs and amp problem
Sunny-G

User status: Offline
   5th Aug 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello guys n gyals, i'm having a bit problem, and that is i bought two 600watt fusion subs and 1000 watt 5 channel amp, but it has 200 watt less power to run them on. I wanted to ask if its possible to run another 200 watt amp with these and how?
Ellis

5th Aug 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly worth the effort, just run them under-powered...

But if you want to, it is possible...
ted89

5th Aug 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus leave it how it is it will run them and will still sound good
Sunny-G

5th Aug 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool
Ren

6th Aug 08 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because it's a 600w sub, it doesnt mean you have to 600w amp to power it. I'm not sure which, but I know one should have less power then the other. Someone on here should know anyway...

Besides, if you're putting this system into a Corsa, what you have already is more then enough power. I have an Audi A4 which I have installed a sound system into. Part of the Audi's design, is that it has an inch thick steel plate seperating the boot and cabin, and the same seperating the engine bay and the cabin (less road noise). Because of this, the sub doesnt sound as loud as it did in my Corsa, but it's still loud enough to make my ears bleed.

I only have a 500w amp too.
luke85

6th Aug 08 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideally you should have an amp more powerfull than the sub, thats because when the amp reaches its limit it can start clipping which overheats the voice coils and kills the speakers.

Whats the spec (in RMS) of your system? Any links to your subs/amp? anything other than RMS power figures are next to useless TBH

New Poll