corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Norwich Union 5-a-side Football Tournament

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Norwich Union 5-a-side Football Tournament
Marc

User status: Offline
8th Aug 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My work are holding their annual 5 a side football tournament on 31st August. We've just put our team together. Each team is allowed 8 players, all have to work for NU obviously! One of the lads plays hockey in goal, so naturally hes been told hes the goal keeper. I'm the captain having being made head organiser for our team! We're due to have a kick about in the next week or so to see how good/bad we are! The hockey lad will be alright as he plays his sport regularly, I play football and go to the gym 3 times a week, another is supposed to be really good. My only concern is the lad who sits behind me who eats Boots BLT's every day and his idea of exercise is carrying a crate of beer up to his flat or playing XBox!

Tournament runs from 1pm-6pm, each team will play 3 times.

I'll report our progress/results!
Hammer

8th Aug 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never discount the blt eating beer drinker
Tom

8th Aug 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Never discount the blt eating beer drinker

Indeed

We had a good league at Royal & SunAlliance liverpool we had our own pitch in work
Marc

31st Aug 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Third Place!!!!

We never expected to get past the group stages and our main aim was to beat a team in our group that was made up of managers! We lost our first game 6-3 then beat the managers team 5-0! One of the teams told us they got beat 17-0 so we shouldn't have any dificulty beating them, we did them 4-0. Drew our quarter final match 2-2 but won on penalties. Lost our semi final game but went on to play the 3rd/4th place play off which we again won on penalties.

No medals for 3rd place but we did get a 20 pack of beer!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Norwich Union 5-a-side Football Tournament 24 database queries in 0.0084479 seconds