corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa sport 1998 arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa sport 1998 arches
chunky_nb

User status: Offline
21st Aug 08 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having them colour coded 2day and the guy said to make it easier hed like to take them off but the problem is the clips break apparently, i rang vauxhall and they say on this model there arent clips but like plastic nuts underneath the rubber arch shield thing anyone shed any light on this? would be good help coz he can do it cheaper instead of masking whole car off
Dean_W

21st Aug 08 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are T shaped bits which clip into the arch and plastic nuts which hold them on.
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Aug 08 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as you go steady taking them off and dont pull them off as hard as you can they shouldnt break it will be a lot easier with them off the car

[Edited on 21-08-2008 by shaunmods]
FruitBooTeR

21st Aug 08 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are the worst design ever made....

I broke loads so in the end on my new arches from vaux before putting them on the car I used some very stong glue (Araldite) and glued the metal T screws into the holder then when they had set put them on carefully, one or 2 still did break though.
dean101287

21st Aug 08 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear ones are not too bad once you take the wheel off but the front ones need the iner arch to be taken out. I find it easier to take the whole wing off then unbolt the arch.
Gareth F

22nd Aug 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not easier to just tigerseal them back on? Ive found my front arches have a wavey affect and come slightly away from the body work...
dean101287

22nd Aug 08 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is russ doing it for you nath? he was asking my what they like to get off and said you wanted it done

New Poll