corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car problem. help please.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car problem. help please.
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Sep 08 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok where to start...

drove for about 20 miles or so not too fast as i had a slow car following me, parked up all normal and everything is off, came back maybe 1.5 - 2hours later (went for a walk) and i hear a buzzing.. like an electrical short buzzing.

look at the dash and its all lit up, ignition was on, pressed the starter and the car tried to start.. odd i thought when the keys were in my pocket..

so after unconnecting the batt for 10 mins or so tried it again, same thing just this buzzing, the fuel rail was vibrating but when i unplugged the throttlebody all the buzzing stopped.. put it all back together and tried to start car same thing just not starting. pulled the keys out and its still trying to start itself! unclipped batt and it was still going! then it just stopped.

tried once more with abit of juice and it roared into life.. sounded fine and acted perfectly on the way home, roof off i could smell fuel so im guessing its running alittle rich.

get home turn off car still running! wtf! unplug battery car still running.. and eventually died.

now here are the codes it comes up with..

P1120 = P11XX Fuel and Air Metering
P1220 = P12XX Fuel and Air Metering
P1220p = P12XX Fuel and Air Metering
P1612 = P16XX Computer and Auxiliary Outputs
P1613 = P16XX Computer and Auxiliary Outputs
P1614 = P16XX Computer and Auxiliary Outputs
P1614p = P16XX Computer and Auxiliary Outputs

i havent done anything different at all, but i have noticed that over the past couple of weeks my rear lights have been steeming up, now when i have investigated the boot was about 1cm full of water so have removeed all the inards so im just left with fibreglass.. i have no idea where this water is coming from as the top where the rubber sits is always dry. im wondering if the condensation has got into some of the wiring... (im hoping not)

at the moment now everything is back in place and normal, when i try start it it just ticks over until i give it some beans then it seems to settle down back to normal, but when i try turn it off i get the buzzing from the TB and the ignition doesnt go off and sometimes the engine will keep running.. only disconnecting the battery will kill it.

ive also spotted that when ive plugged in the tech2 it flickered the dash lights and when i fiddled with the wire it sorta flashed the dash lights...also the temp monitor said 999C :?

so at the min the bootlid is up drying out, and the throttlebody is unplugged same as coilpack and battery.

any ideas.??
little_duke

7th Sep 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sounds bad mate

silly question but have you changed your fuel type at any stage or ran it low? could be the case of if you have ran it low and its sucked shit from the bottom of the tank round the throttle body and into the fuel rail.

could try engine flush(for fuel though)

allza

7th Sep 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At an educated guess i would say ecu itself or maybe lambda. Can you read live data with your tech2?
Adam_B

7th Sep 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got water in my boot as well, i think its coming through the wheel arches on mine.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Sep 08 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant read live data, just fault codes.

im just at a loss, i just have no idea where to start, i suppose i could try a different throttle body just to make sure its not that..

soon as it starts it will run perfect.. nothing wrong.. so wierd
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Sep 08 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGFzy13HRhE

ive been playing with the fuses and if i take no.8 out the buzzing stops, its under B+ Services.. no idea what that means.. but only 1/2 of the lights show up on the dash.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Sep 08 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

things ive tried so far... .

pulled each fuse out independantly still buzzing on startup.

only pulling fuse 8 kills the buzzing (ECU fuse)

unplugged all lights incase they were shorting
unplugged the rear part of the loom (to lights)
unplugged tb turned on still buzzing
unplugged coilpack turned on still buzzing
unplugged abs module
unplugged abs connector on the wheels
unplugged altenator (not the thick red wire in the middle)
unplugged washer bottle (getting desperate)
checked the earth to engine thats in good nick.

the fact the lights come on the dash without a key as soon as the battery is connected suggests to me there is something wrong with the ignition part.

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by chris_uk]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car problem. help please. 23 database queries in 0.0091770 seconds