corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit connections?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit connections?
byrnie_2004

User status: Offline
   9th Sep 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got a jvc headunit, and it plugs straight into the existing corsa wiring, ISO type connection (Just the double plug, not the larger one).
The headunit works and i can play music etc, but only my front tweeters work and not ANY speakers!
Is it because i haven't got an adapter for the larger connecter block?
i heard this was for other vauxhall connections, can anyone tell me what it is for?
Do i need some sort of ISO adapter?
deano87

9th Sep 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What age is the Corsa?

If it's a late one, you shouldn't need any additional harness. The one supplied with the headunit should go straight into the car loom. Are you sure you have it connected properly, the right way around etc?
byrnie_2004

9th Sep 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1997 sport, i've not got the one supplied with the headunit because i bought it of my mate.
i've plugged the headunit directly into the corsa loom, i've got a feeling i need an adapter to get the speakers working.

something like this???

[Edited on 09-09-2008 by byrnie_2004]
breezey

9th Sep 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same year corsa.. and a JVC headunit. Mine plugs in fine to the original loom.
Is the headunit new or used? it may be dodgy mate.
byrnie_2004

10th Sep 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used, but i know its not dodgy because my mate had it working fine in his car (polo). i've ordered one of them things^ see what happens.
got a feeling the speakers are disconnected somewhere.

New Poll