corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any ideas?
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
17th Sep 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a corsa sxi with standard wheels which came with the key to get the centre caps off.
i wrote the sxi off,
i've just got another sxi with the same wheels but didnt come with a key this time, the bloke at the garage said he didnt hav the key for the new car but i said dont worry i've got one,,
however this key doesnt fit the holes?!

any ideas how to get the centre caps off?!
cheerz
John

17th Sep 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the key not just 3 pins, stick a couple of nails or small screwdrivers in and turn it?
AlexSXI

17th Sep 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is just 3 pins, but they dont seem long enough to fit these centre caps,, even though the key is universal to all of these wheels

cheers, i'll try with screwdrivers
Gareth F

17th Sep 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

three hole ones are crap as they bite onto the wheel so sometimes a sharp tap with a hammer and soaked in a little wd40 helps along with the idea above. I on the other hand drove some nails into a bit of wood so they just poked through in the right places and that worked a treat (hacksaw the ends of the nails). Carpentry at college finally came in handy
Joe

17th Sep 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a hammer and a punch, tap them round a bit to loosen them. Then undo with some snipe nose pliers.
AlexSXI

17th Sep 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sprayed WD40 on the key and in the holes,, hit the key in with a hammer, and off the centre caps come

at least i know they come off if a puncture occurs,, roll on some new wheels tho
Gareth F

17th Sep 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol well done mate, lost my locking nut a while back and still changed my suspension over! but now i need new tires and tracking done so i need them welded and taken off to be replaced
(previous post was with a mates set of locking nuts but mine seem to be solid and wont budge )

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » any ideas? 23 database queries in 0.0117071 seconds