corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went out today with £500 burning a hole in my pocket

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Went out today with £500 burning a hole in my pocket
deano87

User status: Offline
26th Sep 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
You show that car a town and the MPG will drop like a stone

It is VERY nice though

Depends if it has DynamicEfficients or what ever it's called. The engine stop start ACTUALLY works.
pow
Premium Member

26th Sep 08 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish mine had that, was driving through London watching the MPG drop without moving on Tues
deano87

26th Sep 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know there is like this key type thing near the steering wheel. Well, when you're in stand still traffic, turn it towards yourself

Seriously though, the Efficient Dynamics works really well. You get a gear indicator for optimum MPG (dad was used to high powered petrol, so was always in the wrong gear to begin with) and when you stop in traffic, put it in neutral with handbrake on and take your foot off the clutch, the engine cuts out. By the time you've put your foot back on the clutch and moved the gear stick to 1st, the engine is ticking over. Very quick.

I can't help think though, if the car was used as a company car doing say 30,000/year or more, in the cars life time there would be more environmental impact on batteries, starter motors etc than the car just sitting there.

As a result, dad's tax on the 120d for 12 months is £120.

[Edited on 26-09-2008 by deano87]
pow
Premium Member

26th Sep 08 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a good system. If only they had this on the E46 cabriolet.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Sep 08 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it hasn't got that.

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went out today with £500 burning a hole in my pocket 23 database queries in 0.0118711 seconds